Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 09-25-2008, 04:35 PM   #31
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Okay, that's kind of weird. Did you have a chance to try the regular PDF on the Sony? (I'm wondering if it's capable of reflowing without the tagged version.)

Someday all this stuff will be standardized. About the time we're moving on to the next technology.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 02:03 AM   #32
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErwinOtten View Post
Jeffrey,

I know this is the wrong thread, it should be in the ' Neptune crossing'-one but I didn't know if you still read that one.

The point is, in the mobipocket file of Neptune crossing the following errors still occur:
I've put up a new version, which gets rid of those errors. The cover image no longer displays in the righthand preview pane in MobiReader, though. I don't know why. Dennis said he was going to be fixing a few minor formatting errors, so there will probably be one more final update before I'm done, and I expect he'll fix that.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:15 AM   #33
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've sent in the LRF edition this morning. So I am guessing it should be up sometime soon.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:40 AM   #34
bmwvan
Connoisseur
bmwvan is on a distinguished road

Device: hp iPAQ 4700/Fictionwise reader/Sony 505
Jeff, thanks so much for posting The Infinite Sea, and thanks to all here and elsewhere who have helped Jeff get these books into the hands of so many. I dropped a little something more into the "tip jar" and I know you will be able to get that washer and dryer in no time!
bmwvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 02:03 PM   #35
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

I sent word to Jon that the title is typoed on the copyright page--for which I'm grateful, because it made me doublecheck all the other versions. I typoed the title as Neptune Crossing in the original source doc, so all the other versions carried that error forward--except the eReader, where Chris apparently caught and corrected it.

Augghh.

The corrected html and rtf are now up. I still have to fix the PDFs and the Mobi.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:30 PM   #36
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

The Sony version is now up--thanks, Jon!--and corrected PDFs and Mobi are up. (The correction is just to the copyright page--it said Neptune Crossing instead of The Infinite Sea.)
Old 09-26-2008, 07:45 PM   #37
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Anyone who thinks it is trivial to generate eBooks needs to read this thread!
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:17 PM   #38
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Anyone who thinks it is trivial to generate eBooks needs to read this thread!
That is so true.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:50 AM   #39
ErwinOtten
Addict
ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrigger View Post
I've put up a new version, which gets rid of those errors. The cover image no longer displays in the righthand preview pane in MobiReader, though. I don't know why. Dennis said he was going to be fixing a few minor formatting errors, so there will probably be one more final update before I'm done, and I expect he'll fix that.
Sorry to be a pain in the ass , but in your new version I still see:

In the beginning of chapter 15: FIRST UPLINK TO TRANSLATOR IN CH. 7
and CHARLIE DOWNLOADED WHOLE EPHEMERIS IN CH. 9
and somewhere in chapter 22: NOTE: REFERENCE MADE IN CH. 5 TO OORT CLOUD, P. 86
Also at the second page of chapter 29 : cf. Ch. 23, p. 321

I thought they all are writers-comments, but maybe I'm wrong ??
ErwinOtten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 07:30 AM   #40
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The RTF I worked from doesn't have any of those comments. So the LRF is comment free.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:18 AM   #41
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

Gahhh!!!

Is that all of them, or are you still reading?

My current source file is clean, which means I have to either weed them out one by one as you find them, or start from scratch with the clean source and redo the ToC tagging. I'm starting to think I should do the latter.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:17 PM   #42
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

Okay, I have rebuilt Neptune Crossing in Mobi format from the clean Word doc up. I finally understood what Dennis did to get the ToC in there, so that's working. And the cover display is working. Test it. See if you can break it.

God, I hate version-control problems.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:17 PM   #43
ErwinOtten
Addict
ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Okay, I have rebuilt Neptune Crossing in Mobi format from the clean Word doc up. I finally understood what Dennis did to get the ToC in there, so that's working. And the cover display is working. Test it. See if you can break it.

God, I hate version-control problems.
I really don't know how to bring this in an easy way to you ......... But these remarks:

They are still in the new version........ sorry ..........

I even removed all the former versions from my PC to be shure it isn't the wrong file I am opening, but no, the remarks remain......
Old 09-27-2008, 04:42 PM   #44
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErwinOtten View Post
Okay, this has to be a problem of old files. I just checked my version, and searched in MobiReader, but could not find those strings. Looking manually at the beginning of Ch. 15, I don't see anything wrong.

Just to doublecheck, I downloaded my own file from the web site and checked it in Mobi, and I simply cannot find the problem.

I know you said you deleted all old versions, but could you try once more? Maybe you missed one. Or, I wonder, could this be a caching problem? Could you try clearing your browser cache? (I don't know if that would be a factor--or if server-caching somewhere between my site and you might be feeding you an old file.)

I'll say it again: Gahhh!
Old 09-27-2008, 05:09 PM   #45
ErwinOtten
Addict

Quote:
Okay, this has to be a problem of old files. I just checked my version, and searched in MobiReader, but could not find those strings. Looking manually at the beginning of Ch. 15, I don't see anything wrong.

Just to doublecheck, I downloaded my own file from the web site and checked it in Mobi, and I simply cannot find the problem.

I know you said you deleted all old versions, but could you try once more? Maybe you missed one. Or, I wonder, could this be a caching problem? Could you try clearing your browser cache? (I don't know if that would be a factor--or if server-caching somewhere between my site and you might be feeding you an old file.)

I'll say it again: Gahhh!

Pfffffffffffffff, I guess my ' smart' OS retrieved the new download-file out of my temporary internet files. After deleting those the new file is clean (and a couple of kb smaller too)

SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY...........