Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-21-2012, 01:08 AM   #1
Jesslynne
Zealot
Jesslynne doesn't litterJesslynne doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Mini
Tapestries

Bear with me please, I do not own an Arc but I have some basic knowledge on them. I am a Chapters employee, and now have a question for you all so I may answer questions for a customer who is bringing hers in for me to help figure something out for her.

She wants to create a tapestry to give easy access to all the videos downloaded to the device quickly and easily for her daughter (who's mentally handicapped). She can figure out how to create the tapestry, but she doesn't now how to get it to get all the videos within the tapestry.

Without one of my own to play with I can't figure it out, and the ones we have on display are demo units not allowing me to create or move things around on the home page.

If any of you can be of help for this I would be very appreciative.
Jesslynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:18 AM   #2
Kobo-Robin
Kobo Arc - Ux Lead
Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesslynne View Post
Bear with me please, I do not own an Arc but I have some basic knowledge on them. I am a Chapters employee, and now have a question for you all so I may answer questions for a customer who is bringing hers in for me to help figure something out for her.

She wants to create a tapestry to give easy access to all the videos downloaded to the device quickly and easily for her daughter (who's mentally handicapped). She can figure out how to create the tapestry, but she doesn't now how to get it to get all the videos within the tapestry.

Without one of my own to play with I can't figure it out, and the ones we have on display are demo units not allowing me to create or move things around on the home page.

If any of you can be of help for this I would be very appreciative.
Hi Jesslynne,

Any videos added to the Arc will show up in the gallery app.

If you go into the gallery app and long press on an item you would like to pin (the video) you will notice the share icon at the top right of the screen. The icon is 3 dots connected by 2 lines.

Tap that and select pin to tapestry. Choose the Tapestry you want to pin to. Done.

The video should now be pinned there for easy access.

Also if you long press on one item and the share icon comes up you can tap other to do a multi pin. Oh, and the pin icon will show up beside the share icon after the first use to speed things up.
Kobo-Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #3
Jesslynne
Zealot
Jesslynne doesn't litterJesslynne doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Mini
Thanks a lot Robin!
Jesslynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:01 AM   #4
Kobo-Robin
Kobo Arc - Ux Lead
Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesslynne View Post
Thanks a lot Robin!
No problem. That's why I'm here.
Kobo-Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:46 PM   #5
capjap
capjap began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-650
I created a tapestry for games. I put two games into the tapestry. However I cannot change the name from Untitled. I get a message "Unfortunately, tapestries has stopped" I've gone into the settings and it does not seem to have stopped. I can pin things and they work, I just cannot change the name. I wonder if it has anything to do with me disabling the discovery bar. I did that, and I thought I should turn it back on to get the tapestries working again, but I cannot find the app anywhere. Any other ideas?
capjap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:52 PM   #6
sarouge
sarouge began at the beginning.

It is to do with you disabling the discover bar. To enable it again to name the tapestry first GO OFFLINE so the discover bar doesn't refill with images, then go into settings, apps, ALL, and discover will now be at the bottom of the list (I guess disabled apps go to the bottom of the list and don't stay in alphabetical order.) Voila
sarouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:56 PM   #7
capjap
capjap began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-650
Thanks..that worked, and of course I was searching for it alphabetically.
capjap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:44 PM   #8
Ronda
Ronda began at the beginning.

Device: kobo arc
hi all, I got an arc for Xmas and have figured most of it out with little difficultly however, my tapestries stop working constantly. I restart and turn wifi off etc and it works but within minutes my tapestries stop again! Getting very frustrated! Any ideas on how to fix whatever it is that is causing them to stop in the first place?

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Ronda
Ronda is offline   Reply With Quote