Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 04-14-2008, 09:35 AM   #46
melmurray
Enthusiast
melmurray began at the beginning.

I'd love to read some more by David Lindsay writer of The Voyage to Arcturus. I know we have The Haunted Woman on the site but there are other works of his out there Sphnix, The Devil's Tor I would be so curious to read. Can't even find them in DT format. Thanks again to all the uploaders for their work.
melmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:24 PM   #47
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Unfortunately, only the Voyage to Arcturus and The Haunted Woman are freely available online. The former is at Project Gutenberg and the latter at Project Gutenberg Australia. Dr Drib has done Sony Reader versions of both.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 05:36 AM   #48
henkvdg
Groupie
henkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: IREX iLiad, Pocketbook Pro 903
Roman of the Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerospinboson View Post
a very odd request, i suppose.. but has anyone seen an english translation of the Roman de la Rose around?
Translations

* Dahlberg, Charles, trans. The Romance of the Rose. Third edition. Princeton: Princeton UP, 1995.Modern English translation.
* Kaluza, Max, ed. The Romaunt of the Rose. New York: Johnson Reprint Corporation, 1967. French-Middle English parallel text.
* Sutherland, Ronald, ed. The Romaunt of the Rose and Le Roman de la Rose. Berkeley: U of California P, 1968. More recent French-Middle English parallel text.

Not yet rightsfree I guess.

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw...e+Rose&x=0&y=0
(not digital)

Look also there for "The Romaunt of the Rose"
henkvdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 05:40 AM   #49
henkvdg
Groupie
henkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: IREX iLiad, Pocketbook Pro 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by henkvdg View Post
Translations

* Dahlberg, Charles, trans. The Romance of the Rose. Third edition. Princeton: Princeton UP, 1995.Modern English translation.
* Kaluza, Max, ed. The Romaunt of the Rose. New York: Johnson Reprint Corporation, 1967. French-Middle English parallel text.
* Sutherland, Ronald, ed. The Romaunt of the Rose and Le Roman de la Rose. Berkeley: U of California P, 1968. More recent French-Middle English parallel text.

Not yet rightsfree I guess.

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw...e+Rose&x=0&y=0
(not digital)

Look also there for "The Romaunt of the Rose"
Look also here:
http://books.google.com/books?id=NFB...sBu1o#PPR10,M1
henkvdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:32 PM   #50
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Chaucer translation (Romaunt of the Rose) is available as a mobipocket ebook for sale here:
http://www.mobipocket.com/en/eBooks/...p?BookID=78480
Old 05-30-2008, 02:35 PM   #51
zuul
Bookworm
zuul began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise 1150 & Kindle
I'm looking for an e-book copy of Once an eagle by Anton Meyers. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

zuul
zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 05:07 PM   #52
Patricia
Reader

It's by Anton Myrer, actually. Unfortunately, I can't find an ebook version.
Old 05-31-2008, 04:03 AM   #53
golagha
Enthusiast
golagha began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad Black
can anybody help me to find a prc version of relativity theory books?
Regards
golagha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:56 AM   #54
Katiesue
Enthusiast
Katiesue is on a distinguished road

Device: Cybook
Book request

Hello....newbie here with a new Cybook and loving it. I would like to request "The Monastary" and " The Abbott" by Sir Walter Scott. And grateful thanks to all those who are taking the time to develop these books!!!
Katiesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:11 AM   #55
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by golagha View Post
can anybody help me to find a prc version of relativity theory books?
Regards
Albert Einstein, "Relativity: The Special and General Theory"

http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/5001

Easy to convert to PRC using MobiPocket Creator.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 04:51 PM   #56
golagha
Enthusiast

It is converted to the proper format.
thanks Harry
Old 06-07-2008, 04:41 AM   #57
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It would be nice if you were to upload it here for other people to enjoy.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:31 AM   #58
golagha
Enthusiast

By my heart dear Harry. Honestly I prefer PDF format so I converted it to a PDF file for iLiad. Here you are:

relat10d.pdf

Regards and thanks again
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:52 AM   #59
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Ah, in that case, thanks but no thanks .
Old 06-10-2008, 01:12 PM   #60
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Harry, don't yell at me but

Remember I am new, and don't completely understand all the logistics involved here. I am realizing all the work you all do, and appreciate it...my question is this. I have found two Agatha Christie books out there. Are there any more available or are her books still under copyright? She is one of my favorite authors. How about Dashneil Hammett, or Mickey Spillane, or Raymond Chandler? To keep from asking dumb questions in the future, if I am interested in particular authors, how would I find out if their works are still under copyright? Thanks for your time.........Donna
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote