Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-14-2007, 01:15 PM   #1
coleman
Connoisseur
coleman began at the beginning.

Device: Android tablets and phones, Windows tablet, Kobo Aura One
Cyrillic?

Can anyone verify if a cyrillic font does in fact work on these? i saw one posting from a while back that said it should...
thanks!
coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:30 PM   #2
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
It'll work as long as you can embed a font: for example PDF.

On the Cybook v3, you can also add fonts, adding a cyrillic font might also work in this case.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:31 PM   #3
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
They are supposed to work. If you have a cyrillc font and cyrillic text, just post it here, and ill test it.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 02:27 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If you just copy a Cyrillic TrueType or OpenType font to the Gen3 it should work fine.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:00 AM   #5
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Well, I wasn't able to make it display Polish letters for Polish text. I put a TTF font on Cybook, I confirmed that it has Polish letters in, but I found no way to make Cybook change its codepage.

Polish letters aren't available at all in ISO-8859-1 codepage, they need ISO-8859-2 codepage to work. So despite the font having Polish letters, Cybook doesn't use them.

Since it doesn't recognize UTF-8 encoding either, there's no way I could change the text to make it display Polish letters - I tried a sample file with all characters from 32 to 255 in it, and not one of them was displayed a Polish letter.

I could try to engineer the TTF font, so it would have Polish letters in ISO-8859-1 codepage (Latin1), but I'd have to do it on every for I'd want to use, seems to me a very bad way to have it working.

Does anybody know of a way to change codepage in Cybook? Did I miss something?
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:13 AM   #6
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Try making a Mobi book in UTF-8 (use "-unicode" switch for mobigen or choose UTF-8 in Mobipocket Creator).
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 07:37 PM   #7
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Yes, if I use Mobi book format it works.

Still, if I wanted to do it that way, I wouldn't wait for the e-book reader who handles txt format. I'll just have to see how well it'll handle it. I hope the firmware update will bring many fixes.

Thank you for this solution.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote