Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-29-2013, 09:17 PM   #211
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by skull43 View Post
i need downgrade.. but is difficult... and I does not speak english.. i use sometimes a google traductor.. but Context is a problem ¿Can be packaged a binary downgrade? Sorry for my ignorance.. but.. Is a more understandable Only "Update Kindle" haha
Error Code: 007 == Means you do not have the certificate installed that is required to check the signature of an update_*.bin file.

So how could you run a binary downgrade if we packaged it?
You need the certificate to run it.
But if you had the certificate, you wouldn't need the downgrade.

So follow these directions to manually install the certificate:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=203971

You might even mention what your native language is, so people who know it could help you either by PM or on the chat channel.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:33 AM   #212
drauger
Enthusiast
drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kindle4NT
Why I see "Kindlet jailbreak is not installed"? I run any other "dev" kindlets (including my own) without any problem.
drauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2013, 03:58 AM   #213
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Because the Kindlet jailbreak is not installed (duh!)

Try Runtime.getRuntime().exec(...) in your own dev kindlet to understand what the Kindlet jailbreak is all about.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:50 AM   #214
drauger
Enthusiast
drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.drauger has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kindle4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Try Runtime.getRuntime().exec(...) in your own dev kindlet to understand what the Kindlet jailbreak is all about.
It works. I can run shell scripts from kindlet and get output from them. CR3runner also works OK. And I know for sure that I have jailbroken my kindle year ago.
drauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:43 AM   #215
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Weird. So you probably fiddled with the permissions manually.... Anyway, install the kindlet jailbreak. :-)
Advert
Old 01-30-2013, 07:03 AM   #216
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
^ This. What Ixtab Said

Both parts are REQUIRED.
(Yes it is possible to amend the values manually, this is not supported)

EDIT: So I read the complete CR3runner source code.

Quote:
runtime.exec(new String[]{command.getPath() + File.separatorChar + command.getCommand(), command.getParam()}, null, new File(command.getPath()));
I haven't found yet where the permissions are altered to let that "work" in the source... Thus possibly the file level amendments are done instead by this...(or by hand by the user) Will dig around more but I don't see a clever automation solution in there yet.

So... I suspect cr3runner as the culprit, the point of "permissions altering"... but no actual proof yet. will keep digging.

EDIT 2: Hmm... http://code.google.com/p/cr3runner/s...areKindle.wiki

(I also fond this info elsewhere which I quote here
Quote:
Spoiler:
Quote:

Создаем файл developer.keystore и помещаем его в /var/local/java/keystore/ на Kindle, а также в conf/keystore проекта (используется при сборке).

Правим файл /opt/amazon/ebook/security/external.policy на Kindle. Добавляем в него
grant {
permission java.io.FilePermission "/mnt/us/qtKindle/-", "read,execute";
permission java.io.FilePermission "/mnt/us/cr3runner/-", "read,write,execute";
permission java.io.FilePermission "/mnt/us/cr3/-", "read,execute";
};

Which is roughly:

Create a file developer.keystore and put it in /var/local/java/keystore/ on Kindle, as well as in conf/keystore project (used for assembly). Edit the file /opt/amazon/ebook/security/external.policy on Kindle.

Add {Grant Permission java.io.FilePermission "/ mnt/us/qtKindle/-", "Read, execute"; Permission java.io.FilePermission "/ mnt/us/cr3runner/-", "Read, write, execute "; Permission java.io.FilePermission "/ mnt/us/cr3/-", "Read, execute"; };
So if you did that yourself by hand... (or something similar)
Then that would be why that works.

However this is no replacement for simply installing the correct prerequisites from the top post.

Thanks

Last edited by twobob; 01-30-2013 at 08:07 AM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:33 AM   #217
ixtab
(offline)

Exactly. The Kindlet jailbreak is all about NOT having to edit random system files....

@twobob, concerning DX(G) devices: feel free to unpack/repack the update.bins for the DXG. It's only a matter of providing the correct "-d" flag(s) to kindletool. But as said, I don't know whether they will work.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:40 AM   #218
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Exactly. The Kindlet jailbreak is all about NOT having to edit random system files....

@twobob, concerning DX(G) devices: feel free to unpack/repack the update.bins for the DXG. It's only a matter of providing the correct "-d" flag(s) to kindletool. But as said, I don't know whether they will work.
I have extracted a DX copy of the original json_simple_1.1.jar from a device.

Would having your eyes on that briefly make you more certain?
I could just diff it against a 3 one I guess?

Anyways. if you fancy an eyeball on that to be 100% I can happily provide.
My only concern is that DX's are SUCH a PITA to recover... It makes me worried.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:48 AM   #219
ixtab
(offline)

The json-simple library is Apache licensed*, and Amazon uses the unmodified original source code... (At least on all devices I've seen so far, i.e. K3-KPW). In other words, there is only an infinitely small chance for the "augmented" file breaking a DX.

(*)Which is also the reason why the uninstaller can simply include the "original" jar, and one of the reasons why the jailbreak ended up being implemented there.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:56 AM   #220
twobob

Oh okay. I figured it was probably an unobfuscated file as we were considering it "good to use".

Well. for the sake of completeness then... Perhaps a single pre-requisties "rollup" file containing all the pre-requisite installers from the DX --> PW served from either ge.tt or MR would probably be easier for people to "understand".

Just bundling the current stuff renamed using identical naming conventions in one file.

What's your thoughts on that?

I just want to KIS.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:31 AM   #221
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
I just want to KIS.
KIS? KISS? ok, grab your ax and join in:

Spoiler:

"There is always time to work 9 to 5."

sorry, couldn't resist this morning.

Last edited by knc1; 01-30-2013 at 08:38 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:37 AM   #222
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Oh okay. I figured it was probably an unobfuscated file as we were considering it "good to use".

Well. for the sake of completeness then... Perhaps a single pre-requisties "rollup" file containing all the pre-requisite installers from the DX --> PW served from either ge.tt or MR would probably be easier for people to "understand".

Just bundling the current stuff renamed using identical naming conventions in one file.

What's your thoughts on that?

I just want to KIS.
Sure, go ahead - attaching them here seems more sensible, as some (few) people are occasionally reporting trouble with ge.tt.

The files being a bit scattered around is simply because they have already been required for other Touch SW, but not for older devices. Just keep in mind that you may need to update (mostly) the PW files as we learn about new serial numbers.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:08 AM   #223
twobob

Righto. I have never actually used Kindletool to pack anything - only the inverse.

Would hate to make a mistake. Will do some reading up then. Perhaps publishing a "howto" pack future updates guide to Kindletool might not be such a bad idea. Just in case we both get run over on the same day
Old 01-30-2013, 10:01 AM   #224
twobob

so possibly...
Quote:
-d, --device k2 Kindle 2 US
-d, --device k2i Kindle 2 International
-d, --device dx Kindle DX US
-d, --device dxi Kindle DX International
-d, --device dxg Kindle DX Graphite

-d, --device k3w Kindle 3 Wifi
-d, --device k3g Kindle 3 Wifi+3G
-d, --device k3gb Kindle 3 Wifi+3G Europe
-d, --device k4 Kindle 4 (No Touch) Silver (2011)
-d, --device k4b Kindle 4 (No Touch) Black (2012)
-d, --device kindle4 Alias for k4 & k4b
-d, --device k5w Kindle 5 (Kindle Touch) Wifi
-d, --device k5g Kindle 5 (Kindle Touch) Wifi+3G
-d, --device k5gb Kindle 5 (Kindle Touch) Wifi+3G Europe
-d, --device k5u Kindle 5 (Kindle Touch) Unknown (4th device code found in Touch official updates)
-d, --device pw Kindle PaperWhite Wifi
-d, --device pwg Kindle PaperWhite Wifi+3G
-d, --device pwgb Kindle PaperWhite Wifi+3G Europe
-d, --device pwgj Kindle PaperWhite Wifi+3G Japan
-d, --device kindle5 Alias for k5w, k5g, k5gb, pw, pwg & pwgb
-d, --device touch Alias for k5w, k5g & k5gb
-d, --device paperwhite Alias for pw, pwg & pwgb
could be the complete support list. Not too shabby.

Going to need some very brave volunteers I think though...

I will do more reading about packaging and look to create packages for that lot.

If there are any obvious GOTCHA!'s now would be a great time for someone to speak up.
Thanks

Last edited by twobob; 01-30-2013 at 10:04 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:20 AM   #225
ixtab
(offline)

Gotchas: use the newest version of Kindletool, as it also supports the canadian 3g paperwhite; and: use the -C option of kindletool. Check JBPatch dist.sh for samples

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified