Device: kobo
import folders from pc

Hi,
I have a large collection books in folders like
[abby]
[boris]
[byst]

etc etc.
I'm searching for a way to import them to the kobo but it all seems very complicated using calibre. I wish there was something like the collection manager for kindle.
I find the import features in calibre very clumsy, defining columns, wtf? I just want some folders with my authors in them without studying a complete operating system.
Thanks.
JeanCremers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 01:24 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
See autoshelf https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=254554

I suppose you could just use file explorer to copy and paste the directory tree to Kobo and then let AutoShelf create collections.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2022, 01:58 PM   #3
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
Dropbox or Google Drive may be your friend here. You can enable them on your Kobo by following the instructions here:

https://github.com/fsantini/KoboCloud
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 04:43 AM   #4
JeanCremers
JeanCremers began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
The autoshelf script looks just like what i need so i'm gonna try that when my kobo arrives today.
Thanks people!
JeanCremers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 05:56 AM   #5
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanCremers View Post
Hi,
I have a large collection books in folders like
[abby]
[boris]
[byst]

etc etc.
I'm searching for a way to import them to the kobo but it all seems very complicated using calibre. I wish there was something like the collection manager for kindle.
I find the import features in calibre very clumsy, defining columns, wtf? I just want some folders with my authors in them without studying a complete operating system.
Thanks.
If "abby", "boris", ... are author names and the metadata is correct for the books, you could just use the author tab on the Kobo instead of collections.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert