Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-29-2022, 07:01 AM   #1
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Useful Library Management Tips

Just a thread for sharing helpful library management tips.

Here's one I discovered:

Create a new composite column with this template and set the sort to yes/no.

Code:
program: if is_marked() then 'Yes' fi
Now use the View Manager plugin to set it as the topmost sort of your favourite view(s).

Now whenever the book list refreshes, any marked books will float to the top. Quite convenient.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 07:35 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
I just use the option "show marked books". But then my marks are usually very short-lived.

Edit: I tend to avoid composite columns when there is another way to achieve what I want, as too many make Calibre slow to open. And I don't have Calibre running all the time.

Last edited by Sirtel; 01-29-2022 at 07:38 AM.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 07:45 AM   #3
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Edit: I tend to avoid composite columns when there is another way to achieve what I want, as too many make Calibre slow to open. And I don't have Calibre running all the time.
Action Chains makes it very easy to populate/update a non-composite column from a template.
Old 01-29-2022, 08:12 AM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Action Chains makes it very easy to populate/update a non-composite column from a template.
Thanks, I'll look into it.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 06:54 PM   #5
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Code:
template:"program: 
	annotation_count()#@#:n:>=1"
This search will display annotated books. Add it to saved search for convenience.