Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-19-2013, 09:32 PM   #121
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So it is Calibre's Tweak Book that is undoing the obfuscation in the KF8 and not the plugin. Thanks for the explanation.
You're quite welcome. But I did explain all this to you last time you brought it up (starting at post #32 of this thread).
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:36 PM   #122
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
You're quite welcome. But I did explain all this to you last time you brought it up (starting at post #32 of this thread).
But this time, I noticed that I was able to Tweak Book and the fonts would be normal. So I thought the plugin was doing something to the fonts in the new version. Now I know it's Calibre doing it's magic to make the fonts readable.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2013, 05:00 AM   #123
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Fascinating. I thought that the calibre team was very keen on not doing anything with DRM. IMO, obfuscation counts as DRM, or more precisely, "a technological measure that effectively controls access to a work".
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:09 AM   #124
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
I see we're moving a bit off topic so ... DiapDealer thanks for packaging this as a plugin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Fascinating. I thought that the calibre team was very keen on not doing anything with DRM. IMO, obfuscation counts as DRM, or more precisely, "a technological measure that effectively controls access to a work".
I'm not sure if this is applicable, but this is what Kovid said to Jon a couple of days ago about obfuscated fonts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Speaking of fonts, why does Calibre obfuscate fonts in an AZW3 > ePub conversion?
If they are obfuscated in the azw3 then they will be obfuscated in the epub output. calibre simply preserves the obfuscation status of the font. It does the same thing for epub to epub conversions as well. Though IIRC it does not do it for epub to azw3 conversions, mainly because doing so is technically difficult and I cant be bothered figuring it out, given that fonts are obfuscated enough by the very design of azw3.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-20-2013 at 05:14 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:23 AM   #125
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I'm not sure if this is applicable, but this is what Kovid said to Jon a couple of days ago about obfuscated fonts.
Ah. But see the flaw? Convert ePub to azw3 and then azw3 to ePub, and the obfuscation is gone. Naughty calibre!
Advert
Old 02-20-2013, 06:24 AM   #126
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Ah. But see the flaw? Convert ePub to azw3 and then azw3 to ePub, and the obfuscation is gone. Naughty calibre!
You mean as opposed to viewing the epub with the viewer and then copying the unobfuscated fonts out of the temp files? Or running an epub to epub conversion with the debug pipeline option and copying the font files out of the debug directory. Obfuscation is a joke, and a pretty poor one at that. So while I will take reasonable steps to preserve obfuscation, there are limits to how many hoops I am willing to jump through.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:23 AM   #127
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You mean as opposed to viewing the epub with the viewer and then copying the unobfuscated fonts out of the temp files? Or running an epub to epub conversion with the debug pipeline option and copying the font files out of the debug directory. Obfuscation is a joke, and a pretty poor one at that. So while I will take reasonable steps to preserve obfuscation, there are limits to how many hoops I am willing to jump through.
Entirely your decision. I would just note that doing conversions using the normal interface of calibre is a bit different to the scenarios you mentioned.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:53 AM   #128
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Entirely your decision. I would just note that doing conversions using the normal interface of calibre is a bit different to the scenarios you mentioned.
The debug pipeline option is part of the normal conversion interface in calibre, see the "Debug" section of the conversion dialog.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:13 AM   #129
jignesh21
jignesh21 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
when i try to extract pdf from azw4 i get this error
calibre, version 0.9.20
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>Exception</b>:Problem locating unpacked pdf.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.kindleunpack_plugin.extractio n", line 224, in print_replica
File "calibre_plugins.kindleunpack_plugin.utilities ", line 275, in getPDFFile
Exception: Problem locating unpacked pdf.
jignesh21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:14 AM   #130
jignesh21

when i tried again i got following error
calibre, version 0.9.20
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>MemoryError</b>:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.kindleunpack_plugin.extractio n", line 224, in print_replica
File "calibre_plugins.kindleunpack_plugin.utilities ", line 265, in getPDFFile
File "calibre_plugins.kindleunpack_plugin.kindleunpack. kindleunpack", line 1489, in unpackBook
File "calibre_plugins.kindleunpack_plugin.kindleunpack. kindleunpack", line 1090, in process_all_mobi_headers
File "calibre_plugins.kindleunpack_plugin.kindleunpack. kindleunpack", line 975, in getRawML
MemoryError
Old 03-07-2013, 11:18 AM   #131
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

I suspect that you don't have much free memory, and a very big PDF. The scripts aren't optimised for memory use.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:21 AM   #132
jignesh21

what should i do
i tried on three different computers and i getting same errors
thanks
Old 03-07-2013, 11:28 AM   #133
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jignesh21 View Post
what should i do
i tried on three different computers and i getting same errors
thanks
If you are using a 64-bit OS, try the the plugin with the 64-bit version of Calibre and see if that solves the problem.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:53 AM   #134
jignesh21

thanks for your help
it worked like charm
Old 03-07-2013, 12:47 PM   #135
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jignesh21 View Post
thanks for your help
it worked like charm
With Windows, the 32-bit version is limited to 3GB of memory and the 64-bit version is not.

Tags
mobi2mobi