Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 08-18-2014, 01:57 AM   #1
Joe4TheRecord
Joe4TheRecord began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone4S
Marvin / Calibre / Dropbox reading location sync

Hi everyone,

I just bought Marvin today and I'm starting to feel like a dummy since I've been googling and reading tons of threads but I can't figure this out: how do I sync reading locations between Marvin and Calibre over dropbox? It seems like it would be incredibly easy since I have both Marvin and Calibre synced over dropbox but... I'm sure I'm missing something obvious. Could someone please give me some insight?

Thank you
Joe4TheRecord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 02:59 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Using the [GUI Plugin] Marvin XD you can sync Marvin's data with calibre custom columns, but it requires connecting as a device. Marvin will not write to calibre's database stored in Dropbox -- that would be bad.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2014, 02:23 AM   #3
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
Hello @Joe4TheRecord. The purpose of Dropbox syncing in Marvin is only to sync locations across copies of Marvin on different iOS devices. As @eschwartz suggests, for calibre, the Marvin XD plugin is what you're looking for.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 07:18 AM   #4
Joe4TheRecord
Joe4TheRecord began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone4S
Thank you! I'll give that a shot
Joe4TheRecord is offline   Reply With Quote