Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-18-2018, 05:16 AM   #481
davide445
davide445 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 2, Amazon Kindle DX Graphite
I want to gift the old Ink Pad 2 to my dad, do you know if it's still available in EU?

I didn't want to spend too much since I'm not sure he will use it so much, but want a big screen to ease his reading, there are not so many options on the market.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
davide445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 12:21 PM   #482
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by davide445 View Post
I want to gift the old Ink Pad 2 to my dad, do you know if it's still available in EU?

I didn't want to spend too much since I'm not sure he will use it so much, but want a big screen to ease his reading, there are not so many options on the market.
Only used ones, I guess. I happen to have one available. Within EU, I will send you an Inkpad 2 + cover for 150 euros. I will pay the postage. PM me for pics and further details

here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...04#post3671404

Last edited by mobama; 03-18-2018 at 03:16 PM.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2018, 03:51 PM   #483
ThatBookGuy
ThatBookGuy began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 1 + 3
Still no InkPad 3 cover available.
Generic Tablet covers don't fit (wrong width/height ratio).

Dang, I don't want to damage such an expensive device, so I can only use it at home. Pleeeeeeeease, Pocketbook - give us an affordable cover!

EDIT on April 2nd: The Pocketbook shop says it will come on April 13th, and you can preorder it.

Last edited by ThatBookGuy; 04-01-2018 at 06:14 PM.
ThatBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 02:19 PM   #484
vinni1
vinni1 began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 840
I'm new to this forum. Sorry if not using the protocol...

I've got a problem with my PB840. It is rebooting itself every 5 seconds, going from home screen to PocketBook 840 info screen back and forth. Tried to reset by keeping on button pressed - no help. Tried to press both page turning buttons at once - sometimes goes to various warning messages and then again keep rebooting...

Any suggestions? Will appreciate all and any help!
vinni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 07:20 PM   #485
ThatBookGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinni1 View Post
Any suggestions? Will appreciate all and any help!
1) I would clean the whole InkPad with a lens cleaning wipe.
2) What happens when you connect the device via USB to a PC ?
Advert
Old 05-22-2018, 06:35 PM   #486
vinni1

Thank you, I will try to clean the whole InkPad with a lens cleaning wipe.
When I connect the device via USB to a PC - it keeps rebooting. At first it ask a question regarding charging mode or storage device mode, but I have no time to answer and it goes to rebooting cycle.
Old 05-23-2018, 02:35 PM   #487
ThatBookGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinni1 View Post
At first it ask a question regarding charging mode or storage device mode, but I have no time to answer and it goes to rebooting cycle.
Maybe the on/off switch is stuck?
Old 05-23-2018, 03:42 PM   #488
vinni1

No. It looks like it is not stuck.
Old 05-09-2020, 12:50 AM   #489
davide445

Yesterday my wife accidentally broke the display (see photo). She was really sad about was enjoying reading during our little daughter's sleep.
Any way to repair it?
Old 05-09-2020, 02:52 AM   #490
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Send it to repair. Or buy a replacement screen and do it yourself. However, except you find a second hand reader with good screen and other broken parts, it could better you buy a new one... Even another model more modern, if there are.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 06:05 AM   #491
davide445

There are reliable sources for spare parts?
I remember repairing a laptop and later discovering the new screen does have a strong PWM problem that make my eyes strain. eInk didn't have the problem but you never know third party parts quality.
That InkPad 2 model was already perfect as features and I think there are no big improvements in new models.
Old 05-09-2020, 07:20 AM   #492
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
I have no idea. You should find a original one. I think those screens are standard and can be purchased from original manufacturer. Open your device and look in the screen itself.

However, my recommendation is buy a new one.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote