Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-11-2019, 12:32 PM   #1
Prikbril
Prikbril began at the beginning.

Device: windows 10
Android device

Hello everybody,
I'm new here on the forum and I've tried to find an answer on my question unsuccessfully, so I'm asking you guys.
I want to buy a tablet, and it's probably going to be an android device. Is it possible to instal Calibre on an android tablet?

Thnx in advance.
Prikbril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 01:46 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
No, Calibre is a Windows/Mac/Linux program for Desktop/Laptop computers. The are apps like Calibre Companion which can connect to Calibre wirelessly or to the Calibre server and transfer books to the tablet, but not full on Calibre. CC does have similar tag browsing & sorting to Calibre though so can be a nice "library" app (it works in conjunction with a users preferred reading app, but does not contain a reading app of its own).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 02:26 PM   #3
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
You can run it on a windows tablet though.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 03:05 PM   #4
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Aura One,Ipad Pro 10.5, Oasis 3
Is it possible to run caliber on a windows 10 tablet(surface pro) if I already have it on my windows 7 pc? I am not sure that is a good idea, which is why I am asking here.
Kaysclie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 04:04 PM   #5
EEAndersen
EEAndersen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaysclie View Post
Is it possible to run caliber on a windows 10 tablet(surface pro) if I already have it on my windows 7 pc? I am not sure that is a good idea, which is why I am asking here.
I have two Calibre apps running, one on my Windows 7 desktop and the other on my Mac laptop. I keep the laptop closer to me so it (the Mac) is the go-to library for "feeding" my Kindle. i don't really see a need for both (except I am somewhat of a computer junkie). I think the things to consider are ease of access and available resources (ie, hard drive space, internet access, USB ports, ....).
EEAndersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 04:14 PM   #6
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ease of access is my main reason for looking into putting caliber on my surface pro, which is always handy near my couch. Is it necessary to have the same updated versions of caliber on both machines?
Old 01-12-2019, 02:29 PM   #7
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Ease of access is my main reason for looking into putting caliber on my surface pro, which is always handy near my couch. Is it necessary to have the same updated versions of caliber on both machines?
Where are the libraries? They are not allowed for Multi User access
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:46 AM   #8
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
I put my library on OneDrive. I connect to that from both my tablets and my desktop. As long as you make sure you don't open the database on multiple devices at the same time, this will be no problem.

The versions of the Calibre application are all different on all three machines
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 11:18 AM   #9
Kaysclie
Addict

Thanks for your answer, Sweetpea. How do I put my Calibre library on One drive? I really have researched this previously but am still unfortunately confused. When I tried it before the books wouldn’t download in readable form.
Maybe you could post how you did it?
Old 01-18-2019, 04:38 PM   #10
Kaysclie
Addict

Still no joy here. I copied my calibre library to my one drive...that seemed to work...BUT....all the names of the authors and their books appear on one drive apps on my devices....but no files for the books....so just empty folders. Does anyone know what I did wrong here? I have tried it several times and just keep getting the same result!