Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-15-2010, 01:09 PM   #1
UntreedReads
Addict
UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Untreed Reads Launches Titles For Children With THE DIAMOND TREE

Untreed Reads continues to expand into new genres and experiences, and we're happy to announce that our first title for children is now available. Author Michael Matson is the terrific writer behind a funny fairy tale entitled The Diamond Tree. Previously available only in a print version, we're honored that Michael has allowed us to release the ebook version.

The Blurb:

Dall is eager to prove himself a worthy prince, but what do you do when your older brothers have already slain every dragon and rescued all the princesses? You heed the advice of an old woman and set off on a quest! When Dall starts finding diamonds along the way, he discovers his quest may have a more unique ending than he had planned. Ages 6-12 and great for parents to read with their children.

Daring princes, princesses in need of saving, dragons and magical lands...who could ask for more? We field-tested this title with CEO K.D. Sullivan's grandchildren and we can confirm that it passed with flying colors (in fact, they drive her a bit crazy now each time they visit to read it to them again and again). Rest assured, adults will find a lot to love in this title as well.

The Diamond Tree is available in The Untreed Reads Store (http://www.untreedreads.com) for $3.99, and Untreed GreenPass members save 15%. You'll also find this title at Smashwords (25% off through then end of July with coupon code SWS25), Amazon for the Kindle, CoffeeTimeRomance (20% off) and most of the great retailers you see on the right side of our homepage. To read an excerpt, visit http://www.scribd.com/doc/34235323/The-Diamond-Tree.
UntreedReads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:48 PM   #2
UntreedReads
Addict
UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thumbs up Michael Matson’s DIAMOND TREE Gets Rave Review at Ebook Addicts | Untreed Reads

Image only on post #1, please - MODERATOR]

Stories for children are a new realm for Untreed Reads, and we’re very glad to hear that Kathy K at Reviews by Ebook Addicts has fallen for our first release entitled The Diamond Tree written by Michael Matson. Here’s what Kathy had to say:

Even though this is touted as a children’s fantasy story I have to admit to falling in love with Michael Matson’s The Diamond Tree. His storytelling was magical but with an element of real life to it. Dall didn’t complete his quest in a matter of days or weeks, but rather it took years; I really enjoyed that facet of the story. Even as a child you know that really big things don’t happen overnight so it’s refreshing to read a story where important work takes time; wonderful!

While this is also labeled fantasy, to my mind it would be just as appropriate to call it a fairy tale, but a more modern version. But whatever you would call this story, I call it fabulous! And it’s a story that I will enjoy sharing again and again with the children in my life. All I can say is thank heavens that kids love going over favorite stories again and again; it gives me a chance to return over and over to Dall’s adventures with nary a wince… after all I’m reading it to the kids. *grin*

To read other reviews of Untreed Reads titles by Reviews at Ebook Addicts, visit http://www.ebookaddictreviews.com/ca...untreed-reads/

About The Diamond Tree:

Dall is eager to prove himself a worthy prince, but what do you do when your older brothers have already slain every dragon and rescued all the princesses? You heed the advice of an old woman and set off on a quest! When Dall starts finding diamonds along the way, he discovers his quest may have a more unique ending than he had planned. Ages 6-12 and great for parents to read with their children.

How to Purchase The Diamond Tree:

The Diamond Tree can be bought directly from The Untreed Reads Store. GreenPass members save 15%. You’ll also find the title at Amazon for the Kindle, as well as most of the great retailers you see listed on the right side of our website.

All Untreed Reads titles are available for every platform and device, including the iPad, nook and Kindle. All titles are compatible with all reading applications. Title selection at individual retailers may vary depending on what they choose to carry.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-03-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:09 PM   #3
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UntreedReads View Post
All Untreed Reads titles are available for every platform and device, including the iPad, nook and Kindle. All titles are compatible with all reading applications. Title selection at individual retailers may vary depending on what they choose to carry.
.RB/.IMP? .LIT?

No, I don't actually expect new publishers to offer RB and IMP ebooks. I just get annoyed at "compatible with EVERY device" when what's meant is "compatible with currently-trendy devices."

My favorite ebook format remains eReader PDB, which almost nobody offers, and isn't compatible with anything currently on the market except the Nook. If it were more available, I'd push my Clies back into use. And while smashwords offers palmDOC PDB, that has no formatting--no bold, no italics, possibly no page breaks.

(Don't mind me; minor gripe that's been bugging me. Has nothing to do with this particular book.)
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:35 PM   #4
UntreedReads
Addict

Michael Matson’s THE DIAMOND TREE Receives Great Review

On behalf of both Untreed Reads and author Michael Matson, we’d like to thank Diana at Night Owl Reviews for her recent 3 1/2 stars she granted to The Diamond Tree. Here is part of what Diana had to say:

I thought this was a fun story that would be great to either read to your children or have them read aloud to you. The storyline was quite unique and the characters were enjoyable to get to know along Dall’s adventure.

To read the review in its entirety, please visit the review page at Night Owl Reviews.

About The Diamond Tree:

How to Purchase The Diamond Tree:

The Diamond Tree is $3.99 and is available from The Untreed Reads Store and worldwide at most of the great retailers you see on the right side of our website.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:21 PM   #5
UntreedReads
Addict

Brilliant Review from LitLad

What does a fantasy loving 8-year-old think about our debut children's title The Diamond Tree? Check it out over at LitLad:

http://litlad.blogspot.com/2011/06/8...mond-tree.html

He also sat down with our illustrated storybook Margaret the Medusa and shares his thoughts.

Tags
childrens, fiction, literature, short story