Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-15-2010, 10:52 PM   #1
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
PressReader

There's an app that's newly come to my attention that's free for a limited time so I thought I'd pass it along before I even get a chance to review it. PressReader allows you to download digital editions of newspapers from around the world. Right now they let you grab your first 7 editions for free. Might be interesting to some folk.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:11 AM   #2
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
There's an app that's newly come to my attention that's free for a limited time so I thought I'd pass it along before I even get a chance to review it. PressReader allows you to download digital editions of newspapers from around the world. Right now they let you grab your first 7 editions for free. Might be interesting to some folk.
I found it a little clunky at the moment, but I think there is room to improve.
The zoomed out version of the paper I tested on was rather poor quality, and there was a noticeable delay when zooming in. All stuff that can be worked on.

The way that they have extracted the articles and linked multi-page ones is nice, the table of contents useful, but it wasn't complete on my paper.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
app, newspaper, review, subscription