Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-29-2008, 01:08 PM   #1
zettabyte
zettabyte began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Unhappy Che Guevara eBook ?

Hy,

I couldn't find a 'Book Request' type forum.. so posted it here ...
anyhow, does anyone have an eBook on Che Guevara ?
No specific author, but the one by John Lee Anderson will
be the first preference ?

Thanks !
zettabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:52 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Hello zettabyte.
There is a request thread. Go to the 'ebooks upload' forum, then 'upload help'. Here there is a thread called 'ebook requests and begging', where many people have requested books.
The problem with your request is that any book on che Guevara is likely still to be in copyright. (And we are trying to respect copyright law.)
So it is likely that you may have to buy an ebook.
But I'll have a look and see whether I can find anything legitimate. Some authors are generous enough to allow their work to appear under a creative commons licence.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-29-2008, 02:04 PM   #3
zettabyte

Okie. Thanks !!
Old 02-29-2008, 02:09 PM   #4
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Well, I can't find anything on the Online Books Page or the Digital Book Index, which are both very comprehensive ebook search sites. I googled on "Che Guevara ebook" and found a few ebooks for sale. You could do the same and see whether any of them suit you.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:51 PM   #5
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
The Sony site has an ebook by Ben Fountain entitled Brief Encounters with Che Guevara for $9.85:
http://ebookstore.sony.com/product/4...000054668.html
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-29-2008, 04:31 PM   #6
zettabyte

Thanks for the efforts guys !
I really appreciate it

Also, can you tell me or link me on
how or what is an appropriate way to
convert a pdf into the lrf or BBeB format ?

Thanks !
Old 02-29-2008, 05:00 PM   #7
jamesdmanley
Groupie
jamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-books

Device: prs-500
sigh ...
jamesdmanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:12 PM   #8
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by zettabyte View Post
Thanks for the efforts guys !
I really appreciate it

Also, can you tell me or link me on
how or what is an appropriate way to
convert a pdf into the lrf or BBeB format ?

Thanks !
Sure. The method I use is to run the PDF through PDFLRF which is a free utility which you will find here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ghlight=pdflrf

It works very well for me. But it only works on PDFs that are not protected with DRM (Digital Rights Management). There is no way to convert DRM'd PDFs.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote