Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-27-2010, 05:51 AM   #1
Falcon88
Falcon88 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle3 US
Exclamation Podcasts in Callibre to Kindle 3 ??

Hello

I would like to ask author about possibility to download a podcasts through Callibre? I am quite new user of Kindle 3 and Callibre helps me a lot and I'm very thankful of that. I imagine that with podcasts should be the same as neewspapers without sending them after download to @free.kindle.com Instead that it should be send to our device by USB cable. Is that possible to make this in Callibre? For example new tab in neewspapers called "Podcasts" and there could be found BBC podcasts. For me it is important because I'm still learning english and podcasts help me with that a lot.

If that question was mentioned before I didn't find it using search feature and podcast phrase.

Thx for Your answers in advance...
Falcon88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:35 AM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon88 View Post
I would like to ask author about possibility to download a podcasts through Callibre?
This is not currently possible with Calibre. Enhancement requests are made here:
http://bugs.calibre-ebook.com
It's up to Kovid as to whether he will implement something like this, but I suspect he won't be interested. This is not an ebook function. There are lots of podcast downloaders already available. Calibre won't even download ebooks (except for EPUBs, and it can only do that with a strange recipe hack.)
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
feed, kindle, mp3, newspaper, podcast