Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-16-2018, 07:18 AM   #16
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
No cover (hopefully Jon won't notice), and the cover sleep is off. Were you putting the device to sleep before putting it in the bag? For IR touch devices, there is a good chance something in the bag might touch the screen and keep it active. For the capacitive touch like the Aura ONE, that shouldn't happen. But, some materials can trigger the touch for this. But, what would cause it to change, unless the last firmware update increased the sensitivity somehow. Or something got into the pocket.

When I wrote the earlier post, I did wonder about what happens when the sleep cover option is off. The switch is still in the device and will react to the magnet. The action isn't doing anything, but it could open a circuit that used power. I don't know enough about this to be able to properly comment.
I do occasionally put the readers in the bag without turning them off properly when in a hurry (my stop is coming, I'm called from a waiting room etc.), but it was not the case those last times: I was leaving home, turning it off properly, and the first time I took it out it was completely discharged, such that I needed more than 24 hours' charging before being able to turn it on again, and that with the One and the H2o2, both capacitive. There was never anything else in the dedicated pocket. Thinking back, the only difference is that with use the leather became softer, so since I mostly wore the bag on a shoulder, my arm probably pressed the magnet closer to the devices.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 06:01 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I don't have the problem of not putting my H2O in sleep mode. I just close the COVER (yes, everyone should have a sleep cover for Kobo's that support such) and put the H2O in my bag.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert