Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 06-30-2020, 09:15 PM   #1
dynabook
Techno-geek
dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1 (Black), PRS-T3S (Black), Kobo Aura ONE
Library Usage with Reader

I have a T1 and a T3 but have never used the library functions. In fact I have never turned on WiFi. I sideloaded all my books and even sideloaded upgrades.

Could anyone give me some instructions about how to download books to the Reader? I have looked at the Wiki and the sticky about Digital Editions and I can't tell if I can download books directly to the Reader. The T3 wasn't sold in the US so maybe I have to use the T1.

I am trying to get this set up for my grand-daughter. Any help would be appreciated.

--MH
dynabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 09:20 PM   #2
dynabook
Techno-geek
dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1 (Black), PRS-T3S (Black), Kobo Aura ONE
Well after searching the Sony forum, it seems the Overdrive no longer works with the Reader either T1 or T3. Que sera, sera.

--MH
dynabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2020, 03:13 PM   #3
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Dynabook is correct. Overdrive system changes made the Sonys obsolete for direct library downloads.

I got my cheap used Tolino Shine 2 for around $35.00 on ebay - it has direct library access. Something to keep if library access is important to you.

I see you already have a Kobo so I assume you know how those work with Overdrive.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 08:07 PM   #4
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
If you have a computer you can download Overdrive books onto the computer, then use the Sony Reader for PC (or for Mac) software to sync with your Sony reader

Sony reader instruction manuals are available online:
https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup...ts?query=prs-t

Reader software is free:
https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup...ts?query=prs-t
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote