Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-29-2007, 04:56 PM   #1
jonnyc
jonnyc began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505
Zoom on PDF, and mac icon

Hi all,
I Finally bought a prs-505 after many many searches of this forum.

One problem i can't seem to fix is with the zoom function. I downloaded a pdf file and put it on the reader however at regular zoom it is much to small to read. When i press the zoom button once it becomes much more readable but when I flip to the next page it resets back to the original small zoom so with each page flip i have to zoom in again. Is there a way to fix this ? can I not set the zoom globally for a particular file ? or do i have to zoom in after each and every page flip ?

I would like to thank the members of the forum for all the information. I have attached my LIBprs500 icon to this post so if you wish you can change yours if your using a mac. I didn't like the original

Thanks for any help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 2.png
Views:	368
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	8554  
Attached Files
File Type: zip librprs500.icns.zip (551.4 KB, 308 views)
jonnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 05:11 PM   #2
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
i gave up reading pdfs on my sony, too much of a pain in the a##
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2007, 05:18 PM   #3
jonnyc

you convert each file to lrf ?
I have done that and it is much more readable, but the formatting is ruined.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:50 AM   #4
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
You've got various options to try - e.g. libprs500 (i.e. pdf2lrf), pdflrfwin, rasterfarian & PDFCropper to name the 4 main ones I know of - some just extract the text but others keep the formatting.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 07:29 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
you convert each file to lrf ?
I have done that and it is much more readable, but the formatting is ruined.
ruined is a funny word in this context. Changed certainly but ruined by making it readable?

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2008, 03:26 PM   #6
jonnyc

That's why I'm a reader and not an author !
but the formatting was ruined indeed, footnotes were indistinguishable from the body.