Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-20-2018, 03:44 PM   #31
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbneader View Post
Going forward, why don't you just use a portable version of Calibre as your master version? Then all you have to do is copy the Calibre folder. It's what I've done for years.
Calibre Portable is 32bit calibre, so you may run into problems converting large and/or complex books. Whilst its pretty easy to retro-fit the 64bit install into portable, you would have to do it every time you upgraded to a new version

Or you could install 64 bit and have it on standby for the odd large conversion.

Portable is 32bit because there's no way of knowing if the computer it is going to be used on will support 64bit applications.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 04:24 PM   #32
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
It is precisely for detecting moved files. By default, a "Mirror Sync" doesn't create sync.ffs_db. It's only created when you do a "Two-way Sync" or explicitly enable the "Detect moved files" option when "Versioning".
Thanks for the feedback - that allowed me to follow my nose from your lead into the relevant place in the manual where it explains it.

John
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 07:27 PM   #33
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbrimi View Post
I back up my library weekly using FreeFileSync. hardly takes any time at all.
FreeFileSync is fantastic! Thanks so much for the tip! When I was using Windows to back up my books folder to a usb drive, I kept getting that notice about files with the same names -- I think these are metadata files, which have identical names from one book folder to another. This confused me, as I didn't want to delete or copy over metadata files, if you catch my drift.
Whatever -- FreeFileSync is just great! Thanks!
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
backup, calibre, portable