Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 08-31-2010, 05:27 PM   #136
Chubulor
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snepscheut View Post
Chubulor, aren't you throwing away a change to help the NEXT software update to be the best untill now?

Jos.
Good point. Since Entourage apparently considers all of us paying users to be beta testers by releasing buggy software, I might as well accept my fate and strive to make the next buggy update less buggy than it would be otherwise.

Old 08-31-2010, 05:31 PM   #137
StevenP
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubulor View Post
Good point. Since Entourage apparently considers all of us paying users to be beta testers by releasing buggy software, I might as well accept my fate and strive to make the next buggy update less buggy than it would be otherwise.
I take it this is your first time dealing with a company that develops software? You do know Microsoft and most every company has a Beta period where they have people Beta test (and the Beta testers usually do it for free.) This is nothing out of the ordinary. I can give you some links if you'd like where you can find multi-billion dollar companies doing this...

Old 08-31-2010, 05:31 PM   #138
NiaTrue
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenP View Post
I take it this is your first time dealing with a company that develops software? You do know Microsoft and most every company has a Beta period where they have people Beta test (and the Beta testers usually do it for free.) This is nothing out of the ordinary. I can give you some links if you'd like where you can find multi-billion dollar companies doing this...
I beta test for a certain cell phone manufacturer for free.

Old 08-31-2010, 05:42 PM   #139
borisb
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow View Post
I don't know about you guys, but I'm downloading Dingo right now..
Doh! Figures I'd be in a meeting when it got released!

Old 08-31-2010, 06:12 PM   #140
drsteve
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiaTrue View Post

Oh, Chubulor. *sigh*
I'm getting to like that phrase, Sheri. Succint and to the point

I suggest the administrator give Chubster his own area of the forum so he can complain to himself.

Call it "Chubulor Bellows" or something !

Old 08-31-2010, 06:38 PM   #141
aidren
Edge User

Quote:
Oh, Chubulor. *sigh*
Quote:
I'm getting to like that phrase, Sheri.
Careful, drsteve, you just may be accused of being a MOM!

Old 08-31-2010, 06:45 PM   #142
pat.indie
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsteve View Post
I suggest the administrator give Chubster his own area of the forum so he can complain to himself.
That is funny...

Old 08-31-2010, 06:46 PM   #143
drsteve
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidren View Post
Careful, drsteve, you just may be accused of being a MOM!
I can live with that ! Chubulor has some fair points. It's just his delivery that sucks IMHO!

Old 08-31-2010, 06:54 PM   #144
Chubulor
Edge User

Tell me, drsteve, how I'm supposed to raise my fair points without committing the apparent cardinal sin of complaining.

Disclaimer: If the web version of the free Yahoo Mail actually works under Dingo, my main complaint will be obviated and I may install the update. The "issues list" gave the impression that the web version doesn't work as well as the app version.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:14 PM   #145
guyjack
Edge User

Me too...I'll beta!

Old 08-31-2010, 07:15 PM   #146
mphoseeko
Edge User

I love South Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by done View Post
I will be formally petitioning for the name Eland as I feel it fits the theme better... that and it is South African so it is automatically better
My family and I lived in Lesotho for 10 years and will return to live in Durban in January, I love the rainbow Nation

Old 08-31-2010, 07:16 PM   #147
drsteve
Edge User

@Chubulor
Relax, old fruit......only playing with you
Seems the Mike Oldfield joke fell flat too!

Last edited by drsteve; 08-31-2010 at 07:25 PM.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:25 PM   #148
drsteve
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphoseeko View Post
My family and I lived in Lesotho for 10 years and will return to live in Durban in January, I love the rainbow Nation
Just a shame about those ****** Vuvuzelas, though

Old 08-31-2010, 07:38 PM   #149
guyjack
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiaTrue View Post
I beta test for a certain cell phone manufacturer for free.
I do too! For Sprint!!

Old 08-31-2010, 07:50 PM   #150
guyjack
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubulor View Post
Fate and strive...good words! Lemme ask you something...and don't take this as an attack. Do you like using the eDGe, or are you just trying to be controversial? I just want to know...I don't know you very well, so the best way to find out is to ask.