Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-31-2010, 11:03 AM   #1
jimhanas
Practitioner
jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: iPhone/iPad
What was your first e-reading device?

I got my first cell phone ten years ago, and this made me think about how I started reading e-books.

My first e-reading device was a Motorola MPx200 smartphone with Mobipocket. This was in 2004. Since then, I've owned five more e-reading devices, which I've detailed (with pictures!) in a blog post. But my basic story is MPx200 to iPad, 2004-2010. What's yours?
jimhanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:10 AM   #2
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
My Sony Touch that was purchased in Jan of this year.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2010, 11:32 AM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Bookeen Gen3 .... Brilliant - it does what I want and adequately for my needs ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:33 AM   #4
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
Kindle 1

Although I had eyed them for awhile, the cost of e-books kept me out. It was the $9.99 ebook pricing that allowed me to justify the investment.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:37 AM   #5
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
mmmm

If that $9.99 had been introduced when I got mine - I never would have started !
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2010, 11:48 AM   #6
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Technically, my TI-83.
Then TI-89.
and nitendo DS.

My first real e-reader, Cybook gen3.
And now, Cybook opus. (Saw it at a mobile read meetup, couldn't resist the small size)

GeoffC, what do you think about PB 302 ?
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:51 AM   #7
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
Mine was an ebookwise 1150. I still use it from time to time.
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:52 AM   #8
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
K1 ... then K2, ... then KDX ... then KDXG, etc.
I've really enjoyed the E-Ink screen reading experience.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:54 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
A "Psion 3" in (now I've looked in up on Wikipedia) 1991.

Last edited by HarryT; 07-31-2010 at 11:57 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:55 AM   #10
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Franklin eBookman
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:57 AM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Duh!
My desktop computer

It was lousy for the job. I like to slouch, move about so I continued to buy dead trees, because I could not justify buying a $500 PDA just to read books.

Last year, the Pocket EZ came out with the features and control placement I wanted (and none of the ones I did not want) and at my price point limit.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:12 PM   #12
jimhanas
Practitioner
jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.jimhanas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: iPhone/iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
A "Psion 3" in (now I've looked in up on Wikipedia) 1991.
Cool! Thanks for posting the pic.
jimhanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:34 PM   #13
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Handspring Visor Neo.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:34 PM   #14
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
The iphone 3G, early 2009. Wasn't bad at all but a dedicated e-book reader is so much better.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 01:13 PM   #15
smg927
Enthusiast
smg927 is a jewel in the roughsmg927 is a jewel in the roughsmg927 is a jewel in the roughsmg927 is a jewel in the roughsmg927 is a jewel in the roughsmg927 is a jewel in the roughsmg927 is a jewel in the roughsmg927 is a jewel in the roughsmg927 is a jewel in the roughsmg927 is a jewel in the roughsmg927 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Jetbook
I bought my first Palm (a Palm III) in 1999 and have been e-reading ever since.
smg927 is offline   Reply With Quote