Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 02-23-2009, 11:21 PM   #1
GIXXER
GIXXER began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-500
Can someone convert a pdf to lrf for me?

Greetings,
I'm a newbie and I'm having some issues with converting my pdf documents. Not sure if my computer is just to old or what, but I'd appreciate it if one of the site guru's would allow me to e/m the 3 pdf's to be converted to a sony reader format.
Please send me a message on this board or private.
Much appreciated!
GIXXER
GIXXER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:27 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
You could use calibre to do it.
http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2009, 11:43 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
One easy way would be use Mobi Creator to make a Mobi file and then convert the Mobi file in Calibre at least I've had it work fairly well on some PDF's.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:29 AM   #4
GIXXER

I downloaded Calibre to my computer, but since my computer is from 2001 it's having all sorts of problems. So then I tried running my pdf through a website that I suspect is using that Calibre program, but my output is only showing the pictures, not any text.
Anyways, if someone is good with Calibre and doesn't mind helping someone out, it would be GREATLY appreciated!!!
Old 02-24-2009, 07:36 AM   #5
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
If the .PDFs you're trying to convert aren't in copyright, you could attach them here and some of us might give it a try. Either that or upload them to somewhere like rapidshare or megaupload. I don't like giving out my email address to random people online, and you shouldn't either. It's not entirely clear exactly what your goals are with the conversion. The PRS 500 supports .PDF as is, so why do you need them converted? What's wrong with them the way they are?
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2009, 08:23 AM   #6
GIXXER

Good point about the e/m address, never thought about that. I didn't realize I can put .pdf on my reader. I thought from reading all the posts about converters that I had to put them into a different format.
I'll give that a try, otherwise I'll post the pdf's here as you suggested. Thanks for your responses and my apologies for not quite understanding the full ability's of this reader yet (just got it used)