Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-15-2013, 01:19 PM   #46
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
My Aura arrived this morning. I'm eager to get home to see it.

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:11 PM   #47
gauchomigo
gauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to beholdgauchomigo is a splendid one to behold

Device: kobo forma/aura
I ordered an Aura over the weekend. I was encouraged by the "free 5-7 day shipping" offer on the website. My credit card was charged Monday. Today (Wed) I called to find out that I can expect a 2 week processing/shipping delay.

I suggested that they change their "free 5-7 day shipping" to "free shipping".
gauchomigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2013, 12:39 PM   #48
Nil Einne
Connoisseur
Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by gauchomigo View Post
I ordered an Aura over the weekend. I was encouraged by the "free 5-7 day shipping" offer on the website. My credit card was charged Monday. Today (Wed) I called to find out that I can expect a 2 week processing/shipping delay.

What colour did you order? I ordered Espresso when it came available again on late Thursday the week after you, and was shipped on Tuesday evening (and Monday was a holiday where it shipped from in Canada) although I didn't get an email from Kobo until the next day.
Nil Einne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:08 PM   #49
khahoon
Connoisseur
khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: generic
Quote:
Originally Posted by gauchomigo View Post

I have found their shipping/handling to be terrible as well. If I order Kindle from Amazon today(Wed), I will probably have it by Friday. These guys cannot even process an order in a week, never mind the shipping.
khahoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:55 PM   #50
geekspertise
geekspertise has met Morla.geekspertise has met Morla.geekspertise has met Morla.geekspertise has met Morla.geekspertise has met Morla.geekspertise has met Morla.geekspertise has met Morla.geekspertise has met Morla.geekspertise has met Morla.geekspertise has met Morla.geekspertise has met Morla.

Kobo should strike a deal with Best Buy or Staples here in the US (as they have done in other countries), so the real professionals can handle orders and shipping for American customers for their entire product line.

I ordered my Aura on April 20th, and received it on the 29th, but I had to call about four times before I even got a tracking number. Their order system is a joke. I should be able to see all account activity, including hardware purchases, in my Kobo account. It's 2013, and both their inventory management system and CRM systems are a joke.
geekspertise is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2013, 02:05 AM   #51
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by khahoon View Post
I have found their shipping/handling to be terrible as well. If I order Kindle from Amazon today(Wed), I will probably have it by Friday. These guys cannot even process an order in a week, never mind the shipping.
I ordered on a Tuesday and had mine Friday the same week, not as fast as Amazon for sure as I get stuff from them in two days, but kobo can do it in less than a week (at least some of the time).
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:13 AM   #52
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminrussell View Post
I ordered on a Tuesday and had mine Friday the same week, not as fast as Amazon for sure as I get stuff from them in two days, but kobo can do it in less than a week (at least some of the time).
Part of this is where you live. Orders from amazon.ca generally take 10 days to reach me in Central Alberta. Orders from amazon.com can take three weeks--often with one week inevitably being spent (after I was billed, btw) in an Amazon warehouse in Indiana.

Kobo's lack of tracking/communication/information on the website sucks, but their shipping times, for me, have been in-line with other things I have purchased from other venders that start out in Ontario.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:01 PM   #53
khahoon
Connoisseur
khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

This is what it says for me for 2 days almost

Date Time Location Description Retail Location Signatory Name
2013/05/21 ETOBICOKE Order information received by Canada Post

So to me it seems like they submitted the postage but did not gave the package to the postal service really.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:35 PM   #54
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It probably means that it is at Etobicoke where it may be waiting to clear customs if it is heading for the US. I see much the same thing when an Amazon package waits in Indiana before coming to me in Western Canada.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:06 PM   #55
khahoon
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
It probably means that it is at Etobicoke where it may be waiting to clear customs if it is heading for the US. I see much the same thing when an Amazon package waits in Indiana before coming to me in Western Canada.
Thanks for information. I am not buying any other Kobo. This is ridiculous to me in year 2013. 15 days shipment/delivery for an ereader.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:25 AM   #56
taming
Trying for calm & polite

Quote:
Originally Posted by khahoon View Post
Thanks for information. I am not buying any other Kobo. This is ridiculous to me in year 2013. 15 days shipment/delivery for an ereader.
I agree. I wish this was not what seems to happen routinely with shipping to my part of Canada from the US, too.

Fortunately, independent bookstores in the US have Kobo devices for sale, too. Just not the Aura. If they decide to keep the Aura in production, that could change.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:27 AM   #57
geekspertise
geekspertise has met Morla.geekspertise has met Morla.geekspertise has met Morla.geekspertise has met Morla.geekspertise has met Morla.geekspertise has met Morla.geekspertise has met Morla.geekspertise has met Morla.geekspertise has met Morla.geekspertise has met Morla.geekspertise has met Morla.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Actually that's incorrect. Their packages are delivered to Etobicoke and then go through Missisauga (or another bigger Post Office depending on where they are going) before hitting customs at the border. But that may not be a Kobo problem. I've found that both Canada Post and USPS have abysmal tracking systems. But there SHOULD be a status change within 48 hours of being issued the tracking number.
geekspertise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:31 PM   #58
taming
Trying for calm & polite

I know that when I order from some places I get a shipping notice, but what it really only means is that a shipping label has been created and it is waiting for pickup to go to the next step.

In any case, cross border shipments can take a very long time, for no apparent reason.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:58 AM   #59
khahoon
Connoisseur

So far it has been 12 days and I have not gotten my Kobo. I am in the States.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:05 AM   #60
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
From various reports (and a friend) it appears to be about 14 days from order date to delivery in the U.S. The USPS will email tracking alerts approximately one week after the order date.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote