Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-09-2013, 10:44 PM   #1
mommylego
mommylego began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Question Calibre is Already Running message

I've been using Calibre with no problems for several years and all of a sudden tonight when I try to open it I get the message saying "Calibre is already running. Calibre may be running in the system tray, in the upper right region of the screen." I am running Mountain Lion on a MacBook Pro and I tried deleting the GUI lock file from terminal, but I get a message saying the file doesn't exist. I don't know how to get the error message output to post here, but can try if you can tell me how to do it. Thanks so much for any help you can give!
mommylego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:09 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Just reboot your computer.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2013, 10:48 AM   #3
mommylego
mommylego began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
That was the first thing I tried and it didn't work. I finally tried disabling the antivirus software and rebooting the computer and it is working again. Yay! Thanks for the help.
mommylego is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
already running, calibre, gui lock, mac