Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-25-2013, 07:48 PM   #1
kevenv
Enthusiast
kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Touch
Double listing....

Today out of the blue my Touch started acting up. The shelves show two listings for each book that I have side loaded. One with a cover and one without. When I click on the coverless book a window pops up saying "This document is protected by Adobe DRM and is not currently authorized....". If I click on the file with the cover, it opens no problem. I can delete the DRM file with no consequences. Interestingly, I have my upcoming travel documents on here as PDFs and they show the same thing. Th weirdest part is there "new" files don't show up in the Books listing, only in my shelves. Anyone?

Thanks

Forgot to add;
I am using the 2.1.4 plug in from the developers forum. I use calibre for my library manager and am running Kobo firmware 2.3.1

Touch has now started displaying every book with a font so tiny it is only 1/2 sq cm in the top left for the whole page. Doesn't matter what page or book. Turning off and then on fixes it.

Last edited by kevenv; 01-25-2013 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Added info...
kevenv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:17 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
To my mind, this sounds like a corrupted database on the Kobo. Try a logout / login from the Settings | Account menu. This will have the unfortunate side-effects of removing all books from the database and making you go through the setup process again.

You can partially make it less painful by before hand, saving the .adobe-digital-editions to your PC and then, after the setup, copying the two files in it back to your Kobo. This will alleviate the need to redo the ADE authorization.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2013, 06:15 AM   #3
kevenv
Enthusiast
kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kevenv can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
To my mind, this sounds like a corrupted database on the Kobo. Try a logout / login from the Settings | Account menu. This will have the unfortunate side-effects of removing all books from the database and making you go through the setup process again.

You can partially make it less painful by before hand, saving the .adobe-digital-editions to your PC and then, after the setup, copying the two files in it back to your Kobo. This will alleviate the need to redo the ADE authorization.
That fixed everything! Thanks so much!
kevenv is offline   Reply With Quote