Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 05-11-2012, 03:36 PM   #1
gncurrier
gncurrier began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Ordered Touch, Received Vox

I ordered a Lilac Kobo Touch last week, and was excited to find a box on my doorstep when I arrived home from work today. I immediately pulled out...and Ice Blue Kobo....Vox. Huh? I was charged for a touch, the invoice said touch. and the paper in the box has some alternate sku. I think I got some random upgrade, and i'm veyr confused and not entirely sure I want a Vox...I just want to read! I did call a few days ago...has anything llike this happened to anyone else?
gncurrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #2
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
You can certainly read on your Vox as well as do a lot of other stuff! That's an $80 price difference you got there... I bought mine at Future Shop so of course got exactly what I expected, lol.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2012, 06:33 PM   #3
peterhondak
Zealot
peterhondak is on a distinguished road

Device: KoboMini (mine and MIL) KoboVox(returned), sonytouch(mom's),samsung7"
as long as it works for you its great. I read on it, but also enjoy the games (so do my kids) also its great for my knitting patterns. As long as it isn't to confusing for you. But the threads on here are awesome. (not trying to say you are easily confused)
peterhondak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:29 PM   #4
larrymohr
Zealot
larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.

Device: Samsung S6 tab, Kobo Sage, AURA One, Mini
gncurrier,

There are a lot of differences between the Touch and the Vox (I have both).

The Touch, in my opinion is a much better platform for simply reading.
Much lighter and easier to hold.
Many more formats that you can read with the native reading app.
( I have 5-6 reading apps on my Vox and none are really what I want.)
You can charge with any computer with USB ports.
A charge lasts for at least a week, the Vox needs to be charged every day.

You may want to check the various threads before making a decision to keep the Vox.

Larry Mohr
larrymohr is offline   Reply With Quote