Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 04-19-2012, 02:26 PM   #1
rocep
rocep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rocep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rocep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rocep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rocep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Ipad 2
App for android like ibooks

I hate my I ipad, but I didn' changed it to a android tablet because I read a lot of books in epub and I didn´t find yet a android app like ibooks to read epub books. The main resource in ibooks to me is the option to highlight text at least in 5 diferent colours. I just found android app that highlight text in 1 colour (usually yellow).
Anybody knows a android app that can do what I want?

Thanks
rocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:15 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Try Mantano
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2012, 03:25 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocep View Post
I hate my iPad, but I didn't changed it to a android tablet because I read a lot of books in ePub and I didn't find yet a android app like iBooks to read ePub books. The main resource in iBooks to me is the option to highlight text at least in 5 different colors. I just found android app that highlight text in 1 color (usually yellow). Anybody knows a android app that can do what I want?

Thanks
I don't know if you can highlight in different colors as one color is fine for my needs and you can easily create a note related to the highlight but, Bluefire Reader on the iPad is quite good for ePub and there is an android version as well. Bluefire handles ePub better then iBooks and doesn't have the quirks and the wasted screen space like iBooks has.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:00 PM   #4
rocep
rocep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rocep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rocep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rocep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rocep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Montano and Bluefire highlight only in yellow. I read technical books and is important to me different colours to classify the subjects in the text.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:39 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Montano and Bluefire highlight only in yellow. I read technical books and is important to me different colours to classify the subjects in the text.
Mantano can highlight in pretty much any color you want, you can also highlight on top of highlights.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2012, 04:49 PM   #6
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Mantano can highlight in pretty much any color you want, you can also highlight on top of highlights.
Correct, from the documentation:

Quote:
In reading mode, you can select text with a long press on a word followed by a swipe of your finger. Move the selection handles to select the exact area that you want. Then tap on the Highlight icon in the actions bar that automatically appears once text is selected.
Or if you have lots of things to highlight throughout your reading you can activate first the Highlight mode by tapping on the Highlight toolbar icon. The highlight panel appears under the header. Chose the color among all the colored drops displayed or using the color circle icon to open the color choser popup. Select the lines to highlight with a swipe of your finger. In this Highlight mode you can turn the pages using the left and right arrow (or the volume keys if you have switched their use on in the Settings). You can hide the panel and stay in the highlight mode by using the double up arrow. To exit the highlight mode just use the close button.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:50 PM   #7
Eskarina
Zealot
Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.

Device: NOOKColor (sdCM7), Kindle 4
Quote:

You can use multiple colors for highlighting in Mantano for BOTH epubs and pdfs. At least the premium version does. I don't know about the free one.

Its library function can also sort your books by highlights.

ETA: MR users are too fast for me! I see that my response to rocep is redundant!

Last edited by Eskarina; 04-19-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Eskarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:03 PM   #8
rocep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post

I´ve tried now and you are right. Now I can buy I android tablet...
Thanks
Old 04-19-2012, 08:20 PM   #9
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Moon+ Reader also does highlights in different colors. One thing I like about Moon is it has the ability to click on charts, images and it will zoom in.

Mantano is a really good reader but I tend to like Moon+ just a little more.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote