Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-06-2011, 12:29 PM   #1
swiftness
swiftness has learned how to read e-booksswiftness has learned how to read e-booksswiftness has learned how to read e-booksswiftness has learned how to read e-booksswiftness has learned how to read e-booksswiftness has learned how to read e-booksswiftness has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Touch 3G
USB to Fire mini USB Cable needed

I recently ordered a mini USB cable from Amazon but believe the mini is too large to fit my Kindle Fire. Can anyone advise me the correct cable? Also I have a cable for my camera that I think will fit the Fire. Is it OK to use the camera cable, or will that harm it?

Thanks in advance
swiftness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:44 PM   #2
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftness View Post
I recently ordered a mini USB cable from Amazon but believe the mini is too large to fit my Kindle Fire. Can anyone advise me the correct cable? Also I have a cable for my camera that I think will fit the Fire. Is it OK to use the camera cable, or will that harm it?

Thanks in advance
I'm using the one from my kindle 2, or sometimes the one from my LG phone. Lots of cell phones use micro USB now and they fit just fine.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2011, 12:44 PM   #3
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
You need a micro cable, not mini
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:46 PM   #4
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftness View Post

Thanks in advance
USB is a standard, with 3 sizes on the slave side, full, mini (being phased out) and micro. Your kindle needs micro-USB, and you can use any micro-USB from other devices (like your camera), as they all adhere to the same standard.

Just input "micro usb cable" on Amazon's search page and choose any.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:59 PM   #5
yogibare143
Tolkien Rules!
yogibare143 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3, kindle Fire
You need the MICRO connector not the mini.
yogibare143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2011, 01:04 PM   #6
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Before you rush out and buy a USB cable, check your old phone chargers or even your newer one. Many of these chargers have a detachable USB cable that might possibly work with the Fire (micro USB). The charger from my son's old LG enV3 phone (LG Model # STA-U12WD) is one example where the USB cable detaches from the charger and fits the Fire perfectly.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:37 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Mini is different than Micro. I have both because the Mini fits my Sansa Clip+ The new Sansa Clip Zip is Micro like the Kindle.

You have on your Profile you own a Kindle Touch just use that Cable. It will fit the Kindle Fire and work just fine.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote