Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 11-30-2011, 08:36 AM   #196
salines
Zealot
salines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Where can I get SmartBar, Android-System-Info and Perfect Viewer?
salines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:11 AM   #197
ewandeep
Zealot
ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony PRS-T1 Sony PRS-350 Nook Touch Glow
Quote:
Originally Posted by salines View Post
Where can I get SmartBar, Android-System-Info and Perfect Viewer?
The best you can do is install AppMOnster, on your android phone, backup the application and transfer the apk from you phone (appmonster2/backup) to T1.
ewandeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2011, 10:51 AM   #198
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Does anybody know a good free screenshot app - for the T1?
"Screenshot It" works fine
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:56 AM   #199
salines
Zealot
salines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewandeep View Post
The best you can do is install AppMOnster, on your android phone, backup the application and transfer the apk from you phone (appmonster2/backup) to T1.
hmmmmmm - ok.....What a shame... I have no andoird-smartphone....
Old 11-30-2011, 11:22 AM   #200
salines
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan View Post
"Screenshot It" works fine
But this isn't freeware....

I found an app:
Screenshot-ER-Lite - http://www.androidpit.de/de/android/...nshot-ER-Lite#

it's free BUT I can't get it because I haven't an android phone.....
Advert
Old 11-30-2011, 12:26 PM   #201
salines
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpierron View Post
It works, though I had to rename them to NimbusMod-Roman.ttf and NimbusMod-Italic.ttf (it's the standard way of naming font files, AFAIK).

But I still prefer LexiaDaMa - screenshots included with both fonts displayed, for your viewing pleasure
ALL worked fine! Thanks a lot!!!!
Old 11-30-2011, 12:36 PM   #202
vishcompany
Addict
vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: Gen3(†); PB302(↓); PRS-350; T1; voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by uboot View Post
Nope, you're facing the present truth.

The T1 has 2.2.1 - just go to Settings -> About (not Sony Settings, but Android Settings after rooting)

In Settings -> Applications you'll also find a button for moving apps to SD which doesn't work either.

But if you find a solution, please post it to the wiki

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST...Apps_to_sdcard
Thank you, uboot.
I added already a few things to the wiki and will continue doing so. :-)
vishcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:21 PM   #203
nemo31416
nemo31416 began at the beginning.

Device: Papyre 6.1 Ed2ª(lost), Samsung E65(gathering dust), Sony Prs-T1(ok)
Quote:
Absolutely, you can use your own fonts on your rooted T1, with CoolReader and all other apps. Simply store them on your device, I think that the default place is /Data/data/fonts which is i:/data/fonts when you mount your device on Windows (and if i: is the letter that will be assigned to it).
Hello, in my unit "READER" there is no folder "data", is that possible?
My PRS-t1 is rooted .......
Thanks

Hola, en mi unidad ":READER" no existe la carpeta "data", es eso posible?
Mi PRS-t1 esta rooted.......
Gracias
nemo31416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:51 PM   #204
salines
Zealot

Quote:
I use CoolReader daily on my T1, and it's my preferred reader app.
How can I backup the CoolReader settings?
I want to unroot my T1 then update the firmware an then re-root it again.
I don't want to loose my settings.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:03 PM   #205
RhialtoFalu
RhialtoFalu will become famous soon enoughRhialtoFalu will become famous soon enoughRhialtoFalu will become famous soon enoughRhialtoFalu will become famous soon enoughRhialtoFalu will become famous soon enoughRhialtoFalu will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-T1
Maybe this: http://juanjosec.blogspot.com/2009/0...-eabi-arm.html offers a solution for more space to store apps? I haven't tried it myself, and the promised mini-howto never seemed to have appeared.
RhialtoFalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:45 AM   #206
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, PRS-650
Quote:
How can I backup the CoolReader settings?
Good question ; I thought that the .cr3 directory stored on the user partition should be enough, but it isn't... at least not in my case.

Although it's not difficult to reconfigure everything, it can be a PITA...
dpierron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:07 PM   #207
mahrz
mahrz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1
I successfully rooted my new PRS-T1, though after a failed install of an apk with not much space left and a reboot it got stuck showing the revolving arrows after the "Opening book..." screen. I had to restore the system with the sd card rescue image, which after a few tries worked (never got the rescue mode right), but I got the vanilla system back. First of all, did somebody else have a similar problem?

My next thought was, that if the problem was the space on the system partition, I'm just going to use the tip how to resize it. However, it seems that the steps on the wiki are just a copy of the google translation of the russian thread. They don't make sense completely, so I have no idea what the merging of the block device with ebook_msc has to do with it.

Apart from that almost everything worked like described. Except that I didn't use the internal but the external sd card to copy the tar file, so I did not need to reboot the PRS twice. Anyway after flashing the system partition and rebooting, I get stuck at the revolving arrows again, but this time not indefinitely but more in a boot loop like way, so it's the arrows revolving, screen refresh and the arrows again... even though if I go into recovery mode and connect with the serial console I see that the flashing of the system partition worked.

Did I do something wrong there, do I need to root it first (I can't see why?). Or is there some problem doing it from an external card? Is ext4 the right filesystem for the system partition?

Any help is very much appreciated! Oh and thanks for all the work and explanations already done, it's making the device so much better already! Would be great if the resizing also works....
mahrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:42 AM   #208
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
Which tar file are you speaking of?

For rooting, no external sd car is needed. To clean everything up, restore everything with external sd, then remove sd and root the device:

0.) Unzip minimal-root.zip (be sure to get latest version from Nov 28, older ones contain bugs) and apply changes according to wiki if you want.
1.) Connect via usb to computer
2.) Run flash_reader.bat
3.) T1 should reboot automatically and everything should be fine.

Regarding resizing - I simply copied the info from translated Russian thread in hope that somebody will try it and post updated info I haven't found time to resize my T1 sys partition yet.
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:07 AM   #209
mahrz
mahrz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1
The tar file was with regard to the system resizing. The rooting worked all fine, even from a linux machine, except that I messed something up after rooting and restored everything from SD, so no problem there.

What didn't work was the resizing (btw, google translate messed up all the command line options and file paths, it should be "tar -xzf" and not "tar-xzf", if I get it done I might rewrite that part in the wiki).

I was able to follow the instructions for resizing, and using the serial console I was even able to make sure that the system partition was resized after following the instructions.

However, the reader got stuck in the revolving arrows loop as I described. Therefore I wanted to know if anybody else succeeded in resizing the partition?

I just mentioned the tar file and sd card because I deviated from the translated description which tells you to use the internal sd to create a tar file of your system partition, then create a filesystem image on a linux desktop which is slightly larger, put the contents of the tar in there, and then put that back on the internal sd and then dump it on the device holding the system partition. Which is not exactly what I did, I just used the external sd as a intermediate storage for the tar and img file, but I cannot see how that should have changed anything critically.
mahrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:24 PM   #210
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
Ok, I see. When I put the googlemistranslated stuff into the wiki, I tried to remove all errors, but obviously overlooked some.

Should be fixed now: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST...histicated_Way
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, prs-t1, root, rooted, sony