Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-03-2012, 05:54 PM   #136
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozric View Post
Yeah, it's too bad they don't offer colors that match the ones the readers actually come in.
Much as I love my red T1, it does make choosing a cover that much more tricky. At least with black or white you can make a good guess whether a particular cover will look OK. That was another reason I thought the official Sony would be less of a risk.

I see Gecko does a red cover but it looks fire-engine red, which I imagine would clash horribly. If someone knows different I'd love to know.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:09 AM   #137
LuvReadin
Addict
LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and Cool-ER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer102 View Post
I find it interesting that no one really talks too highly of the sony branded covers. I bought the one with the light as I had one for my PRS505. I actually find the T1 case better than the original ones. It actually holds the reader so it is secure and not floppy. No weak plastic arms holding the reader in place. It works for me but by the sounds of these posts many of you are very creative.
I wanted a case with a built in light because I find I need the light fairly often. Sadly there is no magnetic closure. That's the only downfall I can see.

I even clip the stylus to the case. It's stays on just fine as long as you keep the case upright. That being said I don't really use the stylus much so it just sits at home.
I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with the Sony cover - it's just too expensive for what it is. It's nearly half the price (in the UK anyway) of the actual ereader.

I didn't want to risk losing the stylus (suspect it would have a disproportionately large effect on the second-hand value if I wanted to sell), so I just use a pack of cheap DS-type styluses - they work very well, and I haven't noticed any signs of the scratching that was mentioned somewhere else with another ereader (just in case, I did rub them over with very fine sandpaper first).
LuvReadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2012, 04:17 AM   #138
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Can anyone post (or point me to) images of the T1 inside the standard Sony cover?

My T1 should hopefully be delivered today. So I now need to decide on which cover to import. Not sure which to choose between the Gecko and standard covers.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:27 AM   #139
nosnoop
Enthusiast
nosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavensnosnoop is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
Can anyone post (or point me to) images of the T1 inside the standard Sony cover?

The red and the black ones are standard cover:

The T1 sits inside a plastic cradle, so when you close the cover, the cover does not actually touch the reader - it just comes into contact with the edge of the cradle.
nosnoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:30 AM   #140
LuvReadin
Addict
LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and Cool-ER
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibahbuzemann View Post
I had a really terrific case delivered a couple of days back from:

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B006...pf_rd_i=301128

I haven't found an english web-portal for it, but they do deliver to the US at a reasonable rate(€6,50 I think).

I think it's lots better than the Sony or Gecko cases and it's just WAY better than the Navitech.
On Amazon.co.uk as well, I think:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Case-S...841865&sr=1-63

Looks similar to the Navitech from the outside, but the finish on the inside looks much better (althought it's still leaving the metal bit above the buttons uncovered). Have you noticed any other differences?
LuvReadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2012, 04:35 AM   #141
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@nosnoop Thanks. Searching via mobile phone isn't much fun. I quite like how the reader fits without the need for straps. Tough choice...
Old 01-06-2012, 08:57 AM   #142
robyshot
Enthusiast
robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony Prs T1
here's mine,it's handmade

robyshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #143
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
One of the extra nice things about the standard Sony cover is that the stylus can be clipped to the inside of the spine.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:26 AM   #144
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
m-edge

Ok, I admit it, I am a little OCD when it comes to textures. I can't stand the texture of the Sony case for the T1!! *shiver* The front is fine, but the back is soo bad. Why didn't they make it the front texture all over??
Yes, I know, anyone that doesn't have texture issues will think I am a fruitcake now, but I've run across a couple other people that hate the feel of the cover too, so at least I'm not the only fruitcake out there!
I got the m-edge go cover when Best Buy was running them for $17. I got the black micro-leather (what ever that is), but it feels NICE! And I really like the m-edge lights, so another plus for the cover!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:23 PM   #145
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
One of these days I am going to pull the trigger and cut a cover. I keep finding something I do not like with all of the covers that I have seen here. It could be the smallest thing, but I guess I am looking for perfection. Is it out there? At least perfection for me? I'm look for a cover that has a nice look and feel to it, with a light. I'm not too fond of the clipons. It must have a stylus holder and be lightweight. That's all I want.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:44 AM   #146
lightforx
Enthusiast
lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightforx View Post
i've ordered the Tuff-Luv embrace case for my sister's kindle touch, but the case is made to fit both the T1 & KT. I'll borrow it for a picture with my T1 and post when it arrives.
Case finally arrived. Pics as promised. This is the "Embrace" case. Looks okay, but it definitely fit the Kindle Touch better than the T1. It has a holder for the stylus as well. The T1 also has the Decal Girl matte black skin on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1070971.JPG
Views:	780
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	80872   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1070972.JPG
Views:	753
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	80873   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1070973.JPG
Views:	717
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	80874   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1070974.JPG
Views:	628
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	80875   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1070975.JPG
Views:	577
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	80876  

Last edited by lightforx; 01-07-2012 at 07:46 AM.
lightforx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #147
Beamer102
Beamer102 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Too many options to choose from here with cases. I'm happy with the sony lighted cover but I do agree that the back of it feels funny and it is definitely not quite as rich looking as some of the other cases out there. I do like how formed to the reader it is though. I was even thinking of using the accessory discount that Sony sent me to get a non-lighted sony case as well. it really keeps the reader very small. That being said, I have yet to find the perfect case. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Beamer102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #148
Crusader
Space Cadet

I've decided to go with the Standard Sony Case. My choices were a bit limited since I had to take international shipping into consideration, but I really like how the Sony cover integrates with the reader without the need for straps.

I could only order the black one so hopefully the contrast with my white T1 won't look to horrible.

Anyone with the standard black Sony cover/white T1 combo who can post some pics?

Last edited by Crusader; 01-07-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:19 PM   #149
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
I could only order the black one so hopefully the contrast with my white T1 won't look to horrible.
Black and white is a classic color combination. I think it will look really nice!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:40 PM   #150
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I saw a passenger on the bus who has a spotted cow pattern skin on her Kindle!
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote