Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-13-2011, 08:31 AM   #1
JayB
Enthusiast
JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-950 PRS-300
Do I need to install ADE to download Library books.

I'm a little confused about the Adobe authorization.

When I setup my SonyStore account through their software didn't that also authorize me with Adobe? If I look in the about section on my reader it says "This device is authorized for reading and purchasing Adobe DRM content"

Is the email and password I used to setup my SonyStore account also the same one I would use for anything Adobe related? I dont remember creating any additional ones during the initial setup of my E-reader.

The reason I'm asking this is I want to download some library books through Overdrive. I'm a little concerned if I download ADE and put the wrong email or password somewhere that I am going to lose access to the 15 books that I've purchased through the SonyStore.

Thanks.
JayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:43 AM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
I did that the other way. Install ADE then sony reader.

The sony reader app don't ask for ADE login. But, i could use the adept key I got from ADE to unDRM the book bought from sony. I'm clueless as to what miracle make this work. (Not the same e-mail and password) Unless the sony reader can detect ADE and adobe gave sony the recipe to get the yet from ADE.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2011, 10:33 AM   #3
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Yes, when you setup your Sony account through the Sony Reader Library software, then it also used that email and password to create an Adobe ID for you. You don't need to download ADE for library books if you don't want to. Just open the ACSM file that you download from your library website with the Sony Reader Library software. It will import the library book into the Sony software with the rest of your Sony purchases. The same method applies to books with DRM purchased from other bookstores like Kobo: just open the ACSM file with the Sony Reader software. Right click on the file name will show you the Open With options.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:13 PM   #4
JayB
Enthusiast
JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JayB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-950 PRS-300
Thanks a lot BookWorm_Girl.

That answered my question perfectly. All the guides I read online said that I needed to download and authorize through ADE.
JayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:43 PM   #5
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
It used to be that way but with the current version of the software Adobe ID is now integrated with the Sony software. If you dig deep enough on the support FAQs of the Sony website they explain it in further detail.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2011, 05:52 PM   #6
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
The same method applies to books with DRM purchased from other bookstores like Kobo: just open the ACSM file with the Sony Reader software. Right click on the file name will show you the Open With options.
Tangent on this:

If you want to buy from Kobo and if you don't mind using more than one app to manage your books, their desktop software syncs fine with Sony readers. I discovered that on accident the other day while looking for a way to get the library I've accumulated in my Kobo droid app onto my 950. I haven't figured out how to get them from the Kobo store to Calibre, but that's not nealy as important as being able to get them to the 950.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote