Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-27-2018, 02:03 AM   #16
McKnitter
McKnitter began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Same problem on Kindle Voyage - can't sort by title. I do a lot on Calibre, but nothing is sideloaded. All docs are emailed as mobi files to Amazon for conversion and sent to my Kindle from there. Hope they fix it.

The only sort of work-around I've found is to search for a book, which then opens it unfortunately, but when I close it and sort by Recent, it's at the top. Then I can move it to whichever collection I want it in. At least it beats scrolling through pages of stuff to find one book.
McKnitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 09:27 AM   #17
Gazerwolf
Enthusiast
Gazerwolf can extract oil from cheeseGazerwolf can extract oil from cheeseGazerwolf can extract oil from cheeseGazerwolf can extract oil from cheeseGazerwolf can extract oil from cheeseGazerwolf can extract oil from cheeseGazerwolf can extract oil from cheeseGazerwolf can extract oil from cheese

Device: 2 K2 Int, K4 SO, K4 Keyboard, Kindle DXG,Voyage(broke screen)PW4
I'm having the same problem on my Voyage except the full list only shows when I sort by Author. Sort by recent doesn't give me a full list.

I sideload every book using Calibre
Gazerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 12:11 PM   #18
Kimi3013
Kimi3013 began at the beginning.

Device: N/A
A non-update on this: the latest update (5.10.3) still hasn't fixed this issue.
Kimi3013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 10:37 AM   #19
ElspethB
Passionate Reader
ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, Kobo Clara HD, Fire HD 8, Voyage, Oasis 3, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimi3013 View Post
A non-update on this: the latest update (5.10.3) still hasn't fixed this issue.
Wow, that is disappointing!
ElspethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 02:32 AM   #20
McKnitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElspethB View Post
Wow, that is disappointing!
It's more than disappointing. It's infuriating. It used to work just fine. I won't be buying another kindle if this keeps up.
Old 02-22-2019, 03:04 PM   #21
alexeric123
alexeric123 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Unhappy Welp, I found a fix...

I was fed up after the new update didnt fix it, so i bit the bullet and did a factory reset. It worked
alexeric123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 02:17 AM   #22
khron
khron began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G/PW2/Voyage + Kobo Glo
doing factory reset and setting everything up (where there is no mechanism in place to speed it up, like do settings and library backu) is not a good solution to problem introduced in previous update

imagine elderly people unable to use or fix reading device x_x

hell, I am too lazy for that, I'll just stick to Kobo for now
khron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 03:07 AM   #23
McKnitter

factory reset, deregister?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexeric123 View Post
I was fed up after the new update didnt fix it, so i bit the bullet and did a factory reset. It worked
If I do a factory reset, does that also deregister the Kindle? So I have to reregister?

I realise it must empty the memory, but I could live with that. I do worry about deregistering, though.
Old 03-02-2019, 04:07 AM   #24
eruditionastic
Enthusiast
eruditionastic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eruditionastic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eruditionastic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eruditionastic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eruditionastic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eruditionastic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eruditionastic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eruditionastic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eruditionastic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eruditionastic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eruditionastic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: G090G1 5.9.7 G090G1 5.10.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKnitter View Post
If I do a factory reset, does that also deregister the Kindle? So I have to reregister?

I realise it must empty the memory, but I could live with that. I do worry about deregistering, though.
Yes it deregisters the Kindle. It will be like the day you opened the package. Why are you worried about registering it again?
eruditionastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 08:05 PM   #25
DailyPlanet
This world is not my home
DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Oasis 2
Factory reset does not fix this... new update does not fix this... not sure if Amazon is even aware of this...
DailyPlanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 02:04 PM   #26
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I don’t have this issue anymore. I have checked on my PW4 today. Running 5.10.3.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 04:39 AM   #27
McKnitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eruditionastic View Post
Yes it deregisters the Kindle. It will be like the day you opened the package. Why are you worried about registering it again?
I don't know why I'm worried. It just seems like overkill, and if it doesn't work anyway, I'll just live with it for a while.

At the moment, I can view either ALL or DOWNLOADED
and choose ALL ITEMS - RECENT, and everything's there, but in no order.

I can also sort by collections and find books inside them, also sorted only by RECENT. If I choose TITLE or AUTHOR, the collections are empty.

Not good enough. The Voyage was supposed to be the best of the best, not all that long ago. I'll see if anyone else finds deregistering works.
Old 03-17-2019, 08:55 AM   #28
McKnitter

I did a factory reset on my Voyage and it did work! When I download a collection and first open it up, only a few titles show until I select Recent (as before). Then all titles show, and I can then switch to Author or Title view and they still show. Hurray! So far, so good!

Last edited by McKnitter; 03-18-2019 at 08:19 AM.
Old 04-28-2019, 10:10 PM   #29
Pichael
Pichael will become famous soon enoughPichael will become famous soon enoughPichael will become famous soon enoughPichael will become famous soon enoughPichael will become famous soon enoughPichael will become famous soon enough

Device: Paperwhite (2013), Oasis (2019)
Has anyone ever found a fix for this? I found this thread via Google after noticing I have the same issue.

I am using a 2nd gen paperwhite with the latest firmware (5.11.1.1) and I can sort by recent and I can only sort by "recent".
Trying to sort by title gives me blank pages and the same with sort by author.
It's not a huge deal, but it would be nice to be able to properly sort by title so that my in each collection are listed in order.
Pichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 07:01 AM   #30
McKnitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pichael View Post
Has anyone ever found a fix for this? I found this thread via Google after noticing I have the same issue.

I am using a 2nd gen paperwhite with the latest firmware (5.11.1.1) and I can sort by recent and I can only sort by "recent".
Trying to sort by title gives me blank pages and the same with sort by author.
It's not a huge deal, but it would be nice to be able to properly sort by title so that my in each collection are listed in order.
Yes! At least the reset worked for my Kindle. I don't know enough about Paperwhites to advise. I saved all my notes (highlights) as a text file (using the Calibre program) and then did a full reset, which puts the kindle back to factory settings, as if I'd just bought it.

Then I synced it with my Amazon account and everything connected just fine. I can sort however I want, and all the old notes and highlights are still in the books I read before the reset.

It's worth a try. RESET, not just restart.