Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 01-31-2017, 07:56 AM   #1
AndrewMowere
Connoisseur
AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Has anyone heard of Inkitt?

It's a website I came across a few months ago, dedicated to the free posting of the written word in (mostly) story form.

The website has a refreshing interface where clicking on a story fades it in immediately on the right hand side of the page, giving you a summary and the first few paragraphs. It means you can browse multiple works quickly.

When something sufficiently good is found, another click takes you to a page with its first chapter. Each chapter is has a page, is titled on the right and as one scrolls down, a satisfying blue bar on along your window toolbar fills up.

I've heard the website has issues with encouraging overly aggressive and careless marketing from its authors, but I think it's a handy place to pick up a quick read.

Do you use the website? What is your favorite way to read things on the internet?
AndrewMowere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 07:06 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Thank you for the info on this. However, I'm leery of any promotional site that forces you to join before you can get any information.

Also, the 'How it works' link at the bottom of the page doesn't work. (It may work on Safari, but I don't use Safari so I have no idea.)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2017, 12:34 AM   #3
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I found this page: Click It talks about different things to do with Inkitt. I haven't had any experience with the site myself though.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 02:20 AM   #4
AndrewMowere
Connoisseur
AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewMowere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Thank you for the info on this. However, I'm leery of any promotional site that forces you to join before you can get any information.

Also, the 'How it works' link at the bottom of the page doesn't work. (It may work on Safari, but I don't use Safari so I have no idea.)
I was unaware that it forced you to join. To be honest, I liked the Interface so much that I joined right away. It's terrible that it would restrict users to a sign in.
Old 02-03-2017, 02:22 AM   #5
AndrewMowere
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I found this page: Click It talks about different things to do with Inkitt. I haven't had any experience with the site myself though.
Oh my. This is a whole different side to things. Thank you.
Advert