Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-17-2015, 04:54 PM   #121
Viper73
Viper73 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
(How) is it possible to install new fonts?
If it is possible, does all fonts work?
Viper73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 09:45 PM   #122
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=178752 shows how to launch KUAL, or ANY script... instead of the shopping cart. I don't know about changes to the PW2, but must be possible somehow?
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2015, 12:20 AM   #123
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper73 View Post
(How) is it possible to install new fonts?
If it is possible, does all fonts work?
Just put your *.ttf files to vlasovsoft/fonts.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 02:11 PM   #124
Cyphox
Connoisseur
Cyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 4 NT
just bought "the klingon hamlet" in german as epub and with coolreader its really f.... up.

its perfectly fine when i convert it to azw3 and read it with the kindle software, but with coolreader its just a mess, activating / deavtivating internal styles doesnt do a thing.

as its copyrighted material i cant upload it for testing, thats a bummer....

any suggestions? would a screenshot help, maybe??
Cyphox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 03:05 PM   #125
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
@Cyphox: Just merge all internal style sheets of the book with calibre and try again. CoolReader has a problem with multiple style sheets. Keep internal styles checked in CR.
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2015, 03:20 PM   #126
Cyphox
Connoisseur
Cyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverCyphox exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

thats confusing me, are you talking about activating heuristic processing when converting?

cant find any option that says "merge styles" or something like that.

or is it some option when editing the book with calibre??

still found no merge style stuff

Last edited by Cyphox; 04-30-2015 at 03:24 PM.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:26 PM   #127
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
In the editor, cut and paste the styles into one .css file, and link that with each html file.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:16 PM   #128
Cyphox
Connoisseur

i feel so stupid, im well aware with some ebook reading stuff, but never used the editor before. sorry about that.

well, i guess youre talking about the left column in editor called file browser.

there`s only one stylesheet-file listed, so i guess merging is not an option?!?

for godsake, if im wrong, is there any tutorial about this... im lost.

Last edited by Cyphox; 04-30-2015 at 05:19 PM.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:18 PM   #129
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If there is only one style sheet then that must not be the problem.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:22 PM   #130
Cyphox
Connoisseur

okay, thanks for that. guess i have to read that book "natively" with my kindle.

at least it works somehow. im glad about that.

i wonder what my kobo glo would do with that file, but sadly it broke some weeks ago....

anyway, thanks for your help!
Old 04-30-2015, 08:46 PM   #131
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

You could upload the ebook in an encrypted ZIP file and Private Message the password to the developer. That is the accepted way of dealing with bugreports on copyrighted books here.

(e.g. calibre bugtracker has "Private bugs" that can only be viewed by the bugtracker admin. Stuff hosted here gets the ZIP treatment but it doesn't happen as often and there is no FAQ for reporting bugs.)
Old 05-03-2015, 03:41 AM   #132
Cyphox
Connoisseur

sent him a message, thanks for the input.
Old 07-12-2015, 03:27 PM   #133
krok
krok began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, Kindle
Help me please! I have a half broken screen on my Kindle. And a bottom margin of 300 is not enough...
How can I set this parameter on 400 or more? (The screen get even more corruped)
I thought this option is included in newer versions of CR, but it seems not.
Can I do it manually, orr you need to update CR?
krok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 03:54 PM   #134
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by krok View Post
Help me please! I have a half broken screen on my Kindle. And a bottom margin of 300 is not enough...
How can I set this parameter on 400 or more? (The screen get even more corruped)
I thought this option is included in newer versions of CR, but it seems not.
Can I do it manually, orr you need to update CR?
Hi, krok,

The latest CR build 2015.05 has margin_top, margin_bottom, margin_left and margin_right parameters.

1. create vlasovsoft/cr3/cr3.ini file if not exists
2. specify margin_bottom=300 or 400
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 03:45 AM   #135
krok
krok began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, Kindle
Thank you very much, sergeyvl12!
Not many products can brag devs that respond and fix issues so quickly!
krok is offline   Reply With Quote