Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-22-2019, 05:15 PM   #1
arooni
Addict
arooni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
anyway to jail break new oasis (2019)?

I think after using koreader, I couldn't go back to reading thru the regular kindle app.

Not that I *need* it but I'm wondering will the new oasis be jail-break-able?

Or we don't really know till some devs get their hands on it?
arooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 05:20 PM   #2
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by arooni View Post
I think after using koreader, I couldn't go back to reading thru the regular kindle app.

Not that I *need* it but I'm wondering will the new oasis be jail-break-able?

Or we don't really know till some devs get their hands on it?
As always, nobody knows until somebody gets one.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2019, 05:30 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Given the state of FW 5.12.1, which is probably the initial release for the KOA3 (that, or a 5.12.0), I'm going to go with: good luck!
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 08:40 AM   #4
kechuan
kechuan began at the beginning.

Device: KOA3
Would you experts suggest to keep the KOA3 offline for a while - in hope for a jail-break?
kechuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 09:09 AM   #5
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kechuan View Post
Would you experts suggest to keep the KOA3 offline for a while - in hope for a jail-break?
It couldn't hurt as long as you can accept only side-loading all your books to it and there are no operational problems with the initially supplied firmware. As a software jailbreak totally depends on someone finding an exploitable vulnerability that will allow a certificate to be added to the store on the unit there is no way to predict if and when this will be found. With your model it is not even known how to gain serial port access, so at this time only a software approach is possible.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2019, 12:46 PM   #6
makue
Custom User Title
makue began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
I was a bit too optmistic and my KOA3 arrived today, I will keep the package sealed until there is good news about a new jb or the 30 day give-back warranty expires. Whatever happens first.

For me its a simple deal either it's my devcice or Amazon's.

Last time they blocked successfully any jb attempts, I stopped buying Kindles for several years until a new jb was found. It's their decision and nowadays the Kindle isn't that outstandig as it was or was supposed to be.

just my 2 cents

Last edited by makue; 07-24-2019 at 02:31 PM.
makue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 01:05 PM   #7
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Given the confirmation about a point-oh release, there's an *extremely* remote chance it's vulnerable to the KT4 exploit, depending on how far back in time that branch was forked.

If you do have an *untouched* KOA3, PM me.
Old 07-24-2019, 05:04 PM   #8
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Given the confirmation about a point-oh release, there's an *extremely* remote chance it's vulnerable to the KT4 exploit, depending on how far back in time that branch was forked.

If you do have an *untouched* KOA3, PM me.
I'm wondering about this, too.

Can anyone share the manufacture date (digits 9-12) on their Oasis 3?

On the KT4 I extracted factory fw 5.11.0 from, mfr date was 01/24/2019.

I think PW4s manufactured March 2019 (and early April 2019) still had jailbreakable 5.10.1.3 firmware.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 05:48 PM   #9
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
Just got mine (my serial number, that is, not my kindle yet!): OOPS Shared the last four numbers:

Here you go (numbers 9-12): 9251

Last edited by Pjama; 07-24-2019 at 05:51 PM.
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 06:01 PM   #10
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjama View Post
Just got mine (my serial number, that is, not my kindle yet!): OOPS Shared the last four numbers:

Here you go (numbers 9-12): 9251
KOA3
9251 (06/16/2019): 5.12.0

Thanks for the info. Reckon there's still a slim possibility for the KT4 jailbreak method but given how new that is, it's just gotten slimmer. Was hoping for a ~2-3 month lead time similar to the KT4.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 06:51 PM   #11
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Yeah, emphasis on *extremely remote* ^^.

But, well, while we're here, I wouldn't mind the actual start of the S/N, too (unless it's a 0WQ, that one was destined to be an LTE one, and fate confirmed it ;p), along with the usual color/storage/connectivity/country of purchase info .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-24-2019 at 06:53 PM.
Old 07-24-2019, 07:22 PM   #12
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yeah, emphasis on *extremely remote* ^^.

But, well, while we're here, I wouldn't mind the actual start of the S/N, too (unless it's a 0WQ, that one was destined to be an LTE one, and fate confirmed it ;p), along with the usual color/storage/connectivity/country of purchase info .
Here you go: G001

Champagne. 32 GB WiFi USA Special offers (now removed)
Old 07-24-2019, 07:51 PM   #13
NiLuJe
BLAM!

My bad, should have been more precise: the relevant bit is now a bit later in the S/N, so I need the first 6 characters, instead of the good old days when it was only the first 4 . Thanks, though!

That said, you're in luck, since there's probably only a single one that begins with 1 right now, so I'm going to take a wild guess and say G0011L?

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-24-2019 at 09:17 PM.
Old 07-24-2019, 08:08 PM   #14
Pjama
Guru

Quote:
My bad, should have been more precise: the relevant bit is now a bit later in the S/N, so I need the first 6 characters, instead of the gold old days when it was only the first 4 . Thanks, though!

That said, you're in luck, since there's probably only a single one that begins with 1 right now, so I'm going to take a wild guess and say G0011L?
You’re welcome! And, you are correct!
Old 07-25-2019, 01:01 AM   #15
kechuan
kechuan began at the beginning.

Device: KOA3
G000WL

Graphite, 8 GB, WiFi, Germany
kechuan is offline   Reply With Quote