Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-18-2009, 09:26 AM   #1
SwiftOne
SwiftOne began at the beginning.

Device: shopping
Installing PDFS w/o Library?

I have a 505...My recollection was that I could copy PDF files to the SD card and have them recognized. After a brief hiatus with dead-tree books, I returned to my 505 and found this not to be the case. I dusted off the never-used Library software and was able to copy PDFs that way, but I know I had a method that didn't rely on outside software before. Can anyone restore my missing brain cells?
SwiftOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:57 AM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Copying files to the SD card or internal memory should be enough.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2009, 06:26 PM   #3
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
That's odd - I can copy PDFs directly to the SD card and it works just fine for me.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote