Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-24-2018, 05:48 AM   #106
gillesit
gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Pocketbook 912 - Kobo AuraOne
Is the patch "only reading and my books" missing in this release?
gillesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 08:11 AM   #107
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillesit View Post
Is the patch "only reading and my books" missing in this release?
You can still use "Only Reading and My Books" and "Remove Footer and Recommendations".
Spoiler:
Code:
Only Reading and My Books:
  - Enabled: no
  - PatchGroup: Home screen tweaks
  - Description: |
      With this patch Home screen shows the last readings and the library
  - FindZlib: "#row1col2"
  - ReplaceZlib:
      Find:    "[qApp_isFontScaleLarge=true] #row1col2 {\n  qproperty-visible: false;\n}"
      Replace: "#row1col2,#row2col2,#row3{qproperty-visible:false;}"

Remove Footer and Recommendations:
  - Enabled: no
  - PatchGroup: Home screen tweaks
  - Description: |
      This patch removes the recommendations and the footer of home screen.
  - FindZlib: "#row1col2"
  - ReplaceZlib:
      Find:    "[qApp_isFontScaleLarge=true] #row1col2 {\n  qproperty-visible: false;\n}"
      Replace: "#row1col2,#row3{qproperty-visible:false;}"

Good luck.
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2018, 08:30 AM   #108
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Quote:
Originally Posted by makara View Post
On my Aura One patch "Enable rotation on all devices" not work. The screen rotates into landscape mode and does not return to portrait mode.
No problem at all in my KA1.

Good luck.
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:56 AM   #109
JIPG-reader
Zealot
JIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Ed2, Onyx Boox C67ML
Quote:
On my Aura One patch "Enable rotation on all devices" not work. The screen rotates into landscape mode and does not return to portrait mode.
It happens to my H2O ed2 v1, but it has been also reported in an Aura One or in a H2O ed 2 v2 (in other forums). Then, it seems not to be model dependent.

Maybe there is patch that is no compatible, but I have not been able to find it .
JIPG-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 11:21 AM   #110
makara
Connoisseur
makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: KA1, KLH2O, Oasis 3
patch “Enable rotation on all devices”

Quote:
It happens to my H2O ed2 v1, but it has been also reported in an Aura One or in a H2O ed 2 v2 (in other forums). Then, it seems not to be model dependent.

Maybe there is patch that is no compatible, but I have not been able to find it .
On the Kobo H2O screen rotation works. On KOA1, I reset the factory settings, installed the latest firmware, and installed only one patch, "Enable rotation on all devices". And it does not work.

Last edited by makara; 12-24-2018 at 11:23 AM.
makara is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2018, 12:30 PM   #111
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
For those having problems with the 'Enable rotation on all devices' patch, see if the following works better for you.
  1. Disable the above patch and reinstall the rest of your patches.
  2. Using a decent text editor (i.e. not Notepad or Wordpad on Windows), manually edit your .kobo\Kobo\Kobo eReader.conf file by adding
    Code:
    [DeveloperSettings]
    EnableDebugServices=false
    ForceAllowLandscape=true
    If your .conf file already contains a [DeveloperSettings] section, you only need to add the last line to it.
  3. If it doesn't work immediately try a full power off/on.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 01:15 PM   #112
makara
Connoisseur
makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Does not work

Does not work. Turns to landscape mode and does not respond to the touch screen.
Old 12-24-2018, 01:33 PM   #113
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Does not work. Turns to landscape mode and does not respond to the touch screen.
Can you be a bit more specific? Which Kobo model are we talking about? Which book formats?

I have an AuraOne with exactly the settings I detailed in my previous post. I am able to choose Landscape and page backwards/forwards OK in both epub and kepub. I can also switch between Landscape and Portrait without any problem in epub/kepub.

I don't have any PDFs to test. Is it PDFs, perhaps, that you were talking about?
Old 12-24-2018, 02:05 PM   #114
makara
Connoisseur

Kobo Aura One. Formats EPub and Kepub. After turning on the turn works once. And the screen stops responding to the touch. Icon rotation in the form of a rectangle with a lock in the middle.

Last edited by makara; 12-24-2018 at 02:13 PM.
Old 12-24-2018, 02:32 PM   #115
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Kobo Aura One. Formats EPub and Kepub. After turning on the turn works once. And the screen stops responding to the touch. Icon rotation in the form of a rectangle with a lock in the middle.
Then I'm baffled, because I cannot reproduce this problem on my AuraOne.
Old 12-24-2018, 02:52 PM   #116
makara
Connoisseur

Well, this is not the main problem. Thank.
Old 12-25-2018, 02:53 PM   #117
JIPG-reader
Zealot
JIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beautyJIPG-reader does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Ed2, Onyx Boox C67ML
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Can you be a bit more specific? Which Kobo model are we talking about? Which book formats?

I have an AuraOne with exactly the settings I detailed in my previous post. I am able to choose Landscape and page backwards/forwards OK in both epub and kepub. I can also switch between Landscape and Portrait without any problem in epub/kepub.

I don't have any PDFs to test. Is it PDFs, perhaps, that you were talking about?
I suffer the same problem: fiirst time it works, then you can pass pages left and right, but you cannot select any icon in top or bottom menu bars, and when you try to select text, it selects something different regarding what you are marking (coordinates displacement problem or coordinates rotation problem?). At the end, you cannot return to portrait mode.

I cannot check your suggestion because I have not the H2O these days, but will try it as soon as I come back home.

By the way, I have observed that there is a new entry in the config file when you are in landscape mode (lockorientation=2, or somenthing similar, I cannot remember well). Removing it does not solve the problem.

Maybe is it a touch screen coontroller problem?.

Last edited by JIPG-reader; 12-25-2018 at 02:59 PM.
JIPG-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 03:35 PM   #118
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

@JIPG-reader,

I don't have an H2OEd2 to try it on, but I do have it installed on:
- H2O (original) Mark5,
- GloHD Mark6,
- AuraOne (original) Mark6,
- ClaraHD Mark7.

It appears to work OK on all of them.

I wasn't previously aware of the lockedOrientation thing in the .conf file so I went looking for it. Yes, it appears in the [ApplicationPreferences] section with a value of 1 (portrait) or 2 (landscape). It probably doesn't appear until the first time you set to landscape.
Old 12-25-2018, 06:10 PM   #119
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
@JIPG-reader,

I don't have an H2OEd2 to try it on, but I do have it installed on:
- H2O (original) Mark5,
- GloHD Mark6,
- AuraOne (original) Mark6,
- ClaraHD Mark7.

It appears to work OK on all of them.
I'll add a Glo and an N905 Touch to that lost.

But, if I remember correctly, there were some issues with the other tools (KSM etc) with working out the touch coordinates on the H2O2. It might be that the forced landscape mode works with the devices that have similar coordinate systems too the Forma and Kobo haven't done the work for the others.
Quote:
I wasn't previously aware of the lockedOrientation thing in the .conf file so I went looking for it. Yes, it appears in the [ApplicationPreferences] section with a value of 1 (portrait) or 2 (landscape). It probably doesn't appear until the first time you set to landscape.
That is correct.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 11:56 AM   #120
makara
Connoisseur

Quote:
I suffer the same problem: fiirst time it works, then you can pass pages left and right, but you cannot select any icon in top or bottom menu bars, and when you try to select text, it selects something different regarding what you are marking (coordinates displacement problem or coordinates rotation problem?). At the end, you cannot return to portrait mode.
JIPG-reader
I'm on the KA1 all the same. 100%

Last edited by makara; 12-26-2018 at 12:01 PM.

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching