Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-15-2018, 03:11 PM   #31
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina Schein View Post
@geek1011, thank you very much for all your efforts with the patches.
Thanks also to @GeoffR and all the others who are always busy helping out.

This time I have a little problem with this version. If I activate the patch »»» Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen «««, the bat file does not create the archive (KoboRoot.tgz). I have tested it on my Kobo Aura H2O 2nd Edition.

Below my kobopatch.yaml (In the original, the individual patches are each four spaces away from the left margin.):

Spoiler:
## Works with kobopatch v0.12.0 and later.
## You can update kobopatch by downloading the latest release from https://github.com/geek1011/kobopatch/releases.
version: 4.12.12111
in: src/kobo-update-4.12.12111.zip
out: out/KoboRoot.tgz
log: out/log.txt

patchFormat: kobopatch

patches:
src/nickel.yaml: usr/local/Kobo/nickel
src/libadobe.so.yaml: usr/local/Kobo/libadobe.so
src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml: usr/local/Kobo/libnickel.so.1.0.0
src/librmsdk.so.1.0.0.yaml: usr/local/Kobo/librmsdk.so.1.0.0

## You can put lines in the following section to override the enabled state of patches.
## The indentation matters! Each override should be indented by 4 spaces. Add to the
## section below. This section can be copy and pasted into newer patch versions to
## keep your selections.
##
## Example of how it should look:
## overrides:
## src/nickel.yaml:
## Custom synopsis/details line spacing: yes
## Whatever the yaml is called: no
## src/libadobe.so.yaml:
## You get the idea: yes
overrides:
src/nickel.yaml:
Show all games: yes
Remove recommendations (row1col2) from home screen: yes
Change pop-up footnote font-family: yes
Disable reading footer: yes
Custom synopsis/details line spacing: yes
Custom synopsis/font size: yes
New home screen increasing cover size: yes
Fix reading stats/author name cut off when series is showing: yes
Custom menubar - reduce height by 50%: yes
Dictionary pop-up - increase available text area: yes
Changing the info panel in full size screensaver- beta 1: yes
Increase the cover size in library: yes
Increase the view details container size: yes
Increase size of kepub chapter progress chart: yes
Custom font to collection and author titles: yes
Increase headlines font: yes
New home screen subtitle custom font: yes
Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen: no
src/libadobe.so.yaml:
src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml:
Rename new home screen footer: yes
Set slide to unlock: no
Enable rotation on all devices: no
Both page turn buttons go next: no
Both page turn sides go next: no
Rename settings: no
Replace adobe page numbers toggle with invert screen: yes
Always show confirmation dialog before upgrading: no
Set reading footer height: no
My 24 line spacing values: yes
Custom left & right margins: yes
Custom font sizes: yes
Freedom to advanced fonts control: yes
ePub fixed top/bottom margins: yes
Custom kepub default margins: yes
Custom footer (page number text): yes
Custom Sleep/Power-off timeouts: yes
Set KePub hyphenation: yes
Fix three KePub fullScreenReading bugs: yes
Force user line spacing in KePubs: yes
Force user line spacing in ePubs (part 1 of 2): yes
Force user font-family in ePubs (Part 1 of 2): yes
ePub constant font sharpness: yes
KePub constant font sharpness: yes
Always display chapter name on navigation menu: yes
KePub stylesheet additions: yes
Allow searches on Extra dictionaries: yes
Clock display duration: yes
Dictionary text font-family/font-size/line-height - beta: yes
Wikipedia Search language: yes
src/librmsdk.so.1.0.0.yaml:
Disable orphans/widows avoidance: yes
Default ePub monospace font (Courier): yes
Force user line spacing in ePubs (Part 2 of 2): yes
Force user font-family in ePubs (Part 2 of 2): yes
Ignore ePub book Adobe XPGT stylesheet (page-template.xpgt): yes

## TRANSLATIONS ##
# Optional, use only if lrelease is not in PATH and if translations are needed
# lrelease: /path/to/lrelease

# Uncomment the following to add translations (replace lc with the language code)
# translations:
# src/whatever.ts: usr/local/Kobo/translations/trans_lc.qm

## ADDITIONAL FILES ##
# Uncomment the following to add additional files to the tgz (like init scripts or hyphen dicts)
# The files will be root-owned, and world readable, writable, and executable (0777)
# files:
# src/whatever.txt: usr/local/Kobo/whatever.txt
# src/whateverToPutInMultiplePlaces.txt:
# - usr/local/Kobo/location1.txt
# - usr/local/Kobo/location2.txt
No problem! And, can I see log.txt?
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 03:26 PM   #32
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
This time I have a little problem with this version. If I activate the patch »»» Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen «««, the bat file does not create the archive (KoboRoot.tgz). I have tested it on my Kobo Aura H2O 2nd Edition.

Below my kobopatch.yaml (In the original, the individual patches are each four spaces away from the left margin.):
I think your problem is that these 2 patches are conflicting. They are both trying to update the same CSS stream:
  • Remove recommendations (row1col2) from home screen
  • Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen

These are not patches I use myself, but try disabling the first one. I think the second one will do everything you want.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2018, 04:50 PM   #33
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I think these residual "header" & "footer" whitespace areas when Show Title/Footer are both Off exist to accommodate the 'Quick Page Turns' feature.

The footer contains the 'change turning speed' slider and the header contains the 'position in book' progressbar.
That is interesting, because in nickel there is CSS for QuickTurnSlider with heights of 24px / 32px / 44px / 56px.

Has anyone tried changing that CSS to see if it affects the size of the page header / footer when Show Title / Show Footer options are turned off?

e.g. a patch for nickel:
Spoiler:
Code:
Set QuickTurn slider height:
  - Enabled: yes
  # Touch/Mini
  - FindBaseAddressString: "QuickTurnSlider[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy=true]"
  - ReplaceString: {Offset: 0x39, Find: "24px", Replace: "12px"}
  - ReplaceString: {Offset: 0x4F, Find: "24px", Replace: "12px"}
  # Glo/Aura/Aura2
  - FindBaseAddressString: "QuickTurnSlider[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix=true]"
  - ReplaceString: {Offset: 0x39, Find: "32px", Replace: "16px"}
  - ReplaceString: {Offset: 0x4F, Find: "32px", Replace: "16px"}
  # AuraHD/H2O/GloHD/Clara
  - FindBaseAddressString: "QuickTurnSlider[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true]"
  - ReplaceString: {Offset: 0x38, Find: "44px", Replace: "22px"}
  - ReplaceString: {Offset: 0x4E, Find: "44px", Replace: "22px"}
  # AuraOne/Forma
  - FindBaseAddressString: "QuickTurnSlider[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true]"
  - ReplaceString: {Offset: 0x3A, Find: "56px", Replace: "28px"}
  - ReplaceString: {Offset: 0x50, Find: "56px", Replace: "28px"}
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 05:48 PM   #34
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
# AuraHD/H2O/GloHD/Clara
- FindBaseAddressString: "QuickTurnSlider[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true]"
- ReplaceString: {Offset: 0x38, Find: "44px", Replace: "22px"}
- ReplaceString: {Offset: 0x4E, Find: "44px", Replace: "22px"}
The size of the page in the epub did not affect.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 08:18 PM   #35
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
The size of the page in the epub did not affect.
That's a pity, but thanks for trying it.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2018, 09:33 PM   #36
Imprevist
Imprevist began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kindle Voyage
Thank you for adding the 24 line spacing option. You guys are awesome. Really appreciate it. Happy Holidays!
Imprevist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 10:03 PM   #37
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
That's a pity
Yes, it's a pity.

Top margin in epub is very annoying.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 10:57 PM   #38
tayseidel
Zealot
tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Glo HD, Aura H20, PRS-T1
I patched my Glo HD- successful patch.

However, I accidentally patched my H20 using the Glo HD Firmware in the SRC folder. Oops. Now my H20 is stuck at the dancing squares. Soft and Hard reset methods do not work. Any ideas?

EDIT:

Charging with the wall charger and repeating the hard reset method has worked. These devices are finicky sometimes with needing the wall charger in order for restore methods to be effective. I'm pretty sure it had at least 80% when I accidentally flashed the wrong FW with the patch.

Oh well, it is back on track now.

Last edited by tayseidel; 12-15-2018 at 11:12 PM.
tayseidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 11:12 PM   #39
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayseidel View Post
I patched my Glo HD- successful patch.

However, I accidentally patched my H20 using the Glo HD Firmware in the SRC folder. Oops. Now my H20 is stuck at the dancing squares. Soft and Hard reset methods do not work. Any ideas?
Um, that doesn't sound right. What do you mean by that? If you just installed the KoboRoot.tgz, this is impossible. If you installed the firmware, along with the upgrade directory, something may have happened (and you may need a SD image). Does it show any sort of animation when you turn it on, or is it stuck?
Old 12-15-2018, 11:30 PM   #40
tayseidel
Zealot
tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Glo HD, Aura H20, PRS-T1
I have both the Glo HD and H20 ereaders.

What happened was I used the Glo HD FW in the SRC folder to patch my Glo HD. That went beautifully.

Now, when I went to get my H20, I forgot to replace the GLO HD FW with the H20 FW in the SRC folder. As a result, I bricked the H20 for a short time.

I've since fixed it by doing a hard reset after charging it. Since I reset it, I've updated it to the latest 4.12.12111 firmware by sideloading it. I've just now patched it, this time using the correct FW in the SRC folder. :-) The patches applied successfully.

Just a screw up on my part. Nothing to do with the Kobo patches.
tayseidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 12:28 AM   #41
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayseidel View Post
I have both the Glo HD and H20 ereaders.

What happened was I used the Glo HD FW in the SRC folder to patch my Glo HD. That went beautifully.

Now, when I went to get my H20, I forgot to replace the GLO HD FW with the H20 FW in the SRC folder. As a result, I bricked the H20 for a short time.

I've since fixed it by doing a hard reset after charging it. Since I reset it, I've updated it to the latest 4.12.12111 firmware by sideloading it. I've just now patched it, this time using the correct FW in the SRC folder. :-) The patches applied successfully.

Just a screw up on my part. Nothing to do with the Kobo patches.
Ok, that sounds a lot more like I would have expected. Thanks for the clarification!
Old 12-16-2018, 01:14 AM   #42
Martina Schein
eBook-Reader-Fan
Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2nd Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I think your problem is that these 2 patches are conflicting. They are both trying to update the same CSS stream:
  • Remove recommendations (row1col2) from home screen
  • Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen
These are not patches I use myself, but try disabling the first one. I think the second one will do everything you want.
I'm afraid it wasn't that. I disabled Remove recommendations (row1col2) from home screen and enabled Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen and it didn't work either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
No problem! And, can I see log.txt?
Sorry, here is the log-file:

Spoiler:
kobopatch v0.12.0
https://github.com/geek1011/kobopatch

KoboPatch::LoadConfig
reading config file from *os.File
unmarshaling yaml
| {
| "Version": "4.12.12111",
| "In": "src/kobo-update-4.12.12111.zip",
| "Out": "out/KoboRoot.tgz",
| "Log": "out/log.txt",
| "PatchFormat": "kobopatch",
| "Patches": {
| "src/libadobe.so.yaml": "usr/local/Kobo/libadobe.so",
| "src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml": "usr/local/Kobo/libnickel.so.1.0.0",
| "src/librmsdk.so.1.0.0.yaml": "usr/local/Kobo/librmsdk.so.1.0.0",
| "src/nickel.yaml": "usr/local/Kobo/nickel"
| },
| "Overrides": {
| "src/libadobe.so.yaml": null,
| "src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml": {
| "Allow searches on Extra dictionaries": true,
| "Always display chapter name on navigation menu": true,
| "Always show confirmation dialog before upgrading": false,
| "Both page turn buttons go next": false,
| "Both page turn sides go next": false,
| "Clock display duration": true,
| "Custom Sleep/Power-off timeouts": true,
| "Custom font sizes": true,
| "Custom footer (page number text)": true,
| "Custom kepub default margins": true,
| "Custom left \u0026 right margins": true,
| "Dictionary text font-family/font-size/line-height - beta": true,
| "Enable rotation on all devices": false,
| "Fix three KePub fullScreenReading bugs": true,
| "Force user font-family in ePubs (Part 1 of 2)": true,
| "Force user line spacing in KePubs": true,
| "Force user line spacing in ePubs (part 1 of 2)": true,
| "Freedom to advanced fonts control": true,
| "KePub constant font sharpness": true,
| "KePub stylesheet additions": true,
| "My 24 line spacing values": true,
| "Rename new home screen footer": true,
| "Rename settings": false,
| "Replace adobe page numbers toggle with invert screen": true,
| "Set KePub hyphenation": true,
| "Set reading footer height": false,
| "Set slide to unlock": false,
| "Wikipedia Search language": true,
| "ePub constant font sharpness": true,
| "ePub fixed top/bottom margins": true
| },
| "src/librmsdk.so.1.0.0.yaml": {
| "Default ePub monospace font (Courier)": true,
| "Disable orphans/widows avoidance": true,
| "Force user font-family in ePubs (Part 2 of 2)": true,
| "Force user line spacing in ePubs (Part 2 of 2)": true,
| "Ignore ePub book Adobe XPGT stylesheet (page-template.xpgt)": true
| },
| "src/nickel.yaml": {
| "Change pop-up footnote font-family": true,
| "Changing the info panel in full size screensaver- beta 1": true,
| "Custom font to collection and author titles": true,
| "Custom menubar - reduce height by 50%": true,
| "Custom synopsis/details line spacing": true,
| "Custom synopsis/font size": true,
| "Dictionary pop-up - increase available text area": true,
| "Disable reading footer": true,
| "Fix reading stats/author name cut off when series is showing": true,
| "Increase headlines font": true,
| "Increase size of kepub chapter progress chart": true,
| "Increase the cover size in library": true,
| "Increase the view details container size": true,
| "New home screen increasing cover size": true,
| "New home screen subtitle custom font": true,
| "Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen": true,
| "Remove recommendations (row1col2) from home screen": true,
| "Show all games": true
| }
| },
| "Lrelease": "",
| "Translations": null,
| "Files": null
| }

KoboPatch::OutputInit

KoboPatch::ApplyPatches
KoboPatch:penIn
Opening firmware zip 'src/kobo-update-4.12.12111.zip'
Looking for KoboRoot.tgz in zip
--> found KoboRoot.tgz
--> opening KoboRoot.tgz
Opening gzip reader
Creating tar reader
patching entry name:'./usr/local/Kobo/librmsdk.so.1.0.0' size:7776328 mode:'509' typeflag:'48' with files: src/librmsdk.so.1.0.0.yaml
reading entry contents
loading patch file 'src/librmsdk.so.1.0.0.yaml' (detected format kobopatch)
| parsing patch file
| parsing patch file: expanding shorthand hex values
| decoded hex `E6 D0` to `[230 208]`
| decoded hex `E6 E7` to `[230 231]`
applying overrides
override Force user font-family in ePubs (Part 2 of 2) -> enabled:true
override Ignore ePub book Adobe XPGT stylesheet (page-template.xpgt) -> enabled:true
override Disable orphans/widows avoidance -> enabled:true
override Default ePub monospace font (Courier) -> enabled:true
override Force user line spacing in ePubs (Part 2 of 2) -> enabled:true
validating patch file
| enabledPatchGroups:map[]
applying patch file
| validating patch file
| enabledPatchGroups:map[]
| looping over patches
| ResetBaseAddress()
| Enabled: true
| applying patch `Disable orphans/widows avoidance`
| looping over instructions
| skipping non-instruction Enabled(), PatchGroup() or Description()
| ReplaceBytes(2711204, []byte{0xe6, 0xd0}, []byte{0xe6, 0xe7})
| ResetBaseAddress()
| Enabled: false
| skipping patch `Default ePub serif font (Amasis)`
| ResetBaseAddress()
| skipping patch `Default ePub sans-serif font (Gill Sans)`
| ResetBaseAddress()
| applying patch `Force user line spacing in ePubs (Part 2 of 2)`
| FindBaseAddressString("\x00line-height\x00") | hex:006c696e652d68656967687400
| ReplaceString(1, "l", "_")
| ResetBaseAddress()
| applying patch `Force user font-family in ePubs (Part 2 of 2)`
| FindBaseAddressString("\x00font-family\x00") | hex:00666f6e742d66616d696c7900
| ReplaceString(1, "f", "_")
| ResetBaseAddress()
| applying patch `Ignore ePub book Adobe XPGT stylesheet (page-template.xpgt)`
| FindBaseAddressString("\x00template\x00") | hex:0074656d706c61746500
| ReplaceString(1, "t", "_")
| ResetBaseAddress()
| applying patch `Default ePub monospace font (Courier)`
| FindReplaceString("CourierStd.otf", "normal/Courier")
| FindBaseAddressString("CourierStd.otf")
| ReplaceString(0, "CourierStd.otf", "normal/Courier")
| FindReplaceString("CourierStd-Bold.otf", "bold/Courier")
| FindBaseAddressString("CourierStd-Bold.otf")
| ReplaceString(0, "CourierStd-Bold.otf", "bold/Courier")
| FindReplaceString("CourierStd-Oblique.otf", "italic/Courier")
| FindBaseAddressString("CourierStd-Oblique.otf")
| ReplaceString(0, "CourierStd-Oblique.otf", "italic/Courier")
| FindReplaceString("CourierStd-BoldOblique.otf", "bolditalic/Courier")
| FindBaseAddressString("CourierStd-BoldOblique.otf")
| ReplaceString(0, "CourierStd-BoldOblique.otf", "bolditalic/Courier")
| ResetBaseAddress()
| skipping patch `Default ePub symbol font (Symbol)`
| ResetBaseAddress()
| skipping patch `Ignore ePub book CSS and Adobe XPGT stylesheets`
| ResetBaseAddress()
| skipping patch `Ignore ePub TOC navpoints`
patched file - orig:7776328 new:7776328
copying new header to output tar - size:7776328 mode:'509'
writing patched file to tar writer
patching entry name:'./usr/local/Kobo/nickel' size:5295904 mode:'509' typeflag:'48' with files: src/nickel.yaml
reading entry contents
loading patch file 'src/nickel.yaml' (detected format kobopatch)
| parsing patch file
| parsing patch file: expanding shorthand hex values
applying overrides
override Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen -> enabled:true
override Custom synopsis/font size -> enabled:true
override Increase the cover size in library -> enabled:true
override Custom synopsis/details line spacing -> enabled:true
override Dictionary pop-up - increase available text area -> enabled:true
override New home screen increasing cover size -> enabled:true
override Custom menubar - reduce height by 50% -> enabled:true
override Changing the info panel in full size screensaver- beta 1 -> enabled:true
override Increase the view details container size -> enabled:true
override Increase size of kepub chapter progress chart -> enabled:true
override New home screen subtitle custom font -> enabled:true
override Remove recommendations (row1col2) from home screen -> enabled:true
override Disable reading footer -> enabled:true
override Fix reading stats/author name cut off when series is showing -> enabled:true
override Custom font to collection and author titles -> enabled:true
override Increase headlines font -> enabled:true
override Show all games -> enabled:true
override Change pop-up footnote font-family -> enabled:true
validating patch file
--> more than one patch enabled in PatchGroup `Home screen tweaks`
Martina Schein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 04:55 AM   #43
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
"3. Copy the original firmware you just downloaded into the kobopatch src folder"

Where is this? Do I create it on host or kobo?
I've an H2O original and use Linux Mint.

Do I unzip the downloaded patch zip file? (if so where?)
Is there a list somewhere of what this does or how particular patch options chosen, or are there instructions in the downloaded patch zip?

Do I need to use "sudo kobopatch.sh"? Presumably this is in the downloaded patch zip.

Perhaps I need more coffee. I've not patched my kobo before and just updated to 4.12.12111 last night. Amazingly it didn't seem to add new bugs and now the full screen works (before it always worked for a while with ePubs and then chopped edge of right margin). I like the idea of removing recommendations on the home screen as I'm never going to buy from Kobo, only Smashwords and Amazon. I don't actually buy many eBooks, I tend to buy on paper unless the eBook is a lot cheaper. I mostly use my Kobo to annotate proof reading of my own writing, some A5 PDF manuals and classics etc from www.gutenberg.org (I've found sometimes the margins on ePubs from there don't work so now I only download "Kindle/Mobi with Images" and use Calibre to convert).

Thanks for all the good work!
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 07:50 AM   #44
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
I'm afraid it wasn't that. I disabled Remove recommendations (row1col2) from home screen and enabled Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen and it didn't work either.
I took a closer look. If you enable Remove footer (row3) and increase cover size on new home screen you need to have both of these conflicting patches disabled:
- New home screen increasing cover size
- Remove recommendations (row1col2) from home screen
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 08:22 AM   #45
Martina Schein
eBook-Reader-Fan
Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2nd Edition
Thank you very much for your help @jackie_w. Exactly that was my mistake.
Martina Schein is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching