Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-13-2016, 11:41 PM   #1
Lien Rag
Lien Rag began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Is there a quick way to apply labels to books?

I want to classify a lot of books with different labels.
Obviously Calibre is not going to do it for me without instructions, but is there a way to optimize the necessary work?
What I've seen (going to individual books to add a tag) is really fastidious for thousands of books...

(Sorry if this has already been asked and solved, I couldn't find the relevant thread)
Lien Rag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 02:27 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the bulk metadata edit dialog to add the same tag to a large number of books at once.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2016, 07:52 PM   #3
Lien Rag
Lien Rag began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Use the bulk metadata edit dialog to add the same tag to a large number of books at once.
OK, thanks, but is there a way to make cumulative selections?
I mean, if I want to apply the tag "youth" for all the books in my library which don't have this tag, is there a way to select all books from Enid Blyton, all the Harry Potter, and Bilbo the Hobbit before applying the tag?

Obviously with only three lists it's doable by hand, but I have many more authors, series and individual books to tag.

BTW, thank you for creating this software and open-sourcing it! It's incredibly useful...
Lien Rag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 08:07 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Use the Tags bar on the Left to help 'build' a search

click the tag in the Tags section 2 time (will no have a red Minus) If you look at the search box, you see a Not Tags:

Since this is a Simple version of a task:

In the results (filtered library list): Ctrl-A (the standard 'Select All' )
Then Right-click: Edit Metadata: Edit in Bulk or simply tap E which does ulk Mode because there was more than 1 book selected
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, label, organizing library