Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-22-2013, 11:13 AM   #1
_daclaus
_daclaus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Metadata Plugboard - I don't get it...

Hi all,

I'm having some trouble in using the metadata plugboard, as the title says: I don't really understand what I'm supposed to do there.

Today I purchased a Kindle PW, and since I'm a fan of John Maddox Roberts' SPQR books, I uploaded them to my PW. Right, the sorting was not how I liked it to be, it was alphabetically, not chronologically. I edited the metadata, put "SPQR" in the series field and 1.00 to 13.00 in the number field.

What do I want?

I want to have it sorted by authors, and then by the number of the series, like:
Roberts, John Maddox / 01 - The King's Gambit
Roberts, John Maddox / 02 - ...
etc

what I entered in the metadata plugboard was this:

format: mobi (I only sync mobi to my PW)
device: kindle2
source: {author_sort}/{series_index:0>2s|[|] - }{title}
target (maybe wrong name, I use the german version): author_sort

When I apply this and sync the books to the device, nothing changes.

What am I doing wrong?
_daclaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:05 PM   #2
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
@_daclaus-
If you read the very first spoiler in the this forum's sticky titled 'Techniques to use plugboards, custom columns and templates' you can actually cut and paste the template into your Calibre...if not exactly what you are looking for, it will be very close. This template works well on my PW. (of course you have to be viewing the books on your PW in 'List View'). Good luck!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2013, 08:46 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by _daclaus View Post
format: mobi (I only sync mobi to my PW)
device: kindle2
source: {author_sort}/{series_index:0>2s|[|] - }{title}
target (maybe wrong name, I use the german version): author_sort

When I apply this and sync the books to the device, nothing changes.

What am I doing wrong?
First directories aren't something you can enter into metadata so remove the slash (/). Second review this sticky thread for examples. I think Kindles may sort on titles so instead of target being author_sort, title might be more appropriate.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:13 PM   #4
_daclaus
_daclaus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks for the help, the main problem was, that I thought that there was some kind of metadata sync. After deleting the books on the device and uploading them again, everything works.
_daclaus is offline   Reply With Quote