Notices

Old 04-06-2010, 01:53 PM   #1
hapax legomenon
Erotica Writer
hapax legomenon doesn't litterhapax legomenon doesn't litter

Device: ipad, Sony Reader PRS 505, Cybook 3
how to sync pdfs on ipad?

I couldn't find an answer to this.

I know that itunes on Windows can sync epub files. But apparently it doesn't do the same for pdf files.

Assuming that you download a separate pdf reader, would it also let you sync through itunes on windows laptop?
hapax legomenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:11 PM   #2
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Download the 99 cent Goodreader pdf app.

Plug your iPad to your computer. Go into iTunes, go the the App section of the synch screen. Scroll down and find Goodreader, and select it. Then you can just drag and drop pdfs from your computer into the file section there and they'll instantly appear in Goodreader on your ipad.

Also, if you have a PDF open in safari you can download it directly to Goodreader. Just let it load completely, then tap the address bar and type a "g" in front of the whole URL and it will download.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2010, 02:25 PM   #3
fishfuzz
fishfuzz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I second GoodReader.
fishfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:40 PM   #4
lilman
Addict
lilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle DX, iPad
Does Goodreader provide folder support so that you can organize your pdfs, or are all pdfs dumped into the same space?
lilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 03:00 PM   #5
Mirrorlike
Connoisseur
Mirrorlike has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mirrorlike has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mirrorlike has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilman View Post
Does Goodreader provide folder support so that you can organize your pdfs, or are all pdfs dumped into the same space?
yes it does

it's really good, my only complaint is it's rather laggy
Mirrorlike is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2010, 03:01 PM   #6
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilman View Post
Same space from what I can tell.

That's one feature the iPad is lacking in it's document apps right now from the little I've played.

I'd really like folders for PDFs, and ability to access those folders from any PDF app, not just the one I load the documents into. i.e. Be able to find and open docs through the open menu just like you do on a PC.

I'm hoping they improve that in the future.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:24 PM   #7
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaul1114 View Post
I'd really like folders for PDFs, and ability to access those folders from any PDF app, not just the one I load the documents into. i.e. Be able to find and open docs through the open menu just like you do on a PC.

I'm hoping they improve that in the future.
Wasn't aware of this. Learning more and more.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:14 PM   #8
dmaul1114
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorlike View Post
yes it does

Guess I was wrong then. I didn't see a way to do folders when playing around with Goodreader--but I didn't look super hard either as I was mainly just trying to figure out how to get PDFs into it.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:17 PM   #9
lilman
Addict
lilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle DX, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorlike View Post
yes it does

Thanks for your input. I think enough users are interested with the iPad as a pdf reader that hopefully a future iTunes update will include pdf as a book type.
lilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:24 PM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaul1114 View Post
Guess I was wrong then. I didn't see a way to do folders when playing around with Goodreader--but I didn't look super hard either as I was mainly just trying to figure out how to get PDFs into it.
From the GoodReader help:

Managing files/folders, sending e-mail

There is a powerful set of features accessible by pressing the Actions button in a file list view. You can create new folders, and rename/copy/move/delete existing files and folders. You can compress multiple files and folders into .zip archives, and you can unzip .zip archives. You can also send files via e-mail from GoodReader. You can mark files as read/unread, set/remove a password protection for individual files/folders, set/remove a star for a file or folder, extract files from PDF Portfolios, save a text from clipboard as a TXT file for further reading, and create a task in Appigo Todo app. You can also create a special URL link for integration with other apps. Read more here.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote