Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2020, 01:11 AM   #421
roggert
roggert began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Handling my kobo glo, I could not restore the image I thank you from the bottom of my heart for passing the image to me for the kobo glo
one
Old 05-23-2020, 03:46 AM   #422
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent. I think that's what is being asked.
Advert
Old 07-11-2020, 02:32 PM   #423
alonemrinal
alonemrinal began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hello everyone.

Could someone please give me SD card image for Kobo Glo (Mark4) device. My backed up SD card image seems corrupted. Also, can't stay with Android 2.3 for daily reading.

I will reset after firmware flash so any personal content won't be there.

Thanks!
Old 07-11-2020, 10:55 PM   #424
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 07-16-2020, 06:12 AM   #425
fernancheca
fernancheca began at the beginning.

Good morning.
I have factory reset my kobo glo, but when I start it, it asks me to configure it, and the problem I have is that through Wi-Fi it gives me a network error, and by computer I cannot configure it because I have it damaged.
Can you send me an image to upload it to the internal sd where it is already configured?
Thank you.
Advert
Old 07-16-2020, 09:02 AM   #426
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernancheca View Post
Good morning.
I have factory reset my kobo glo, but when I start it, it asks me to configure it, and the problem I have is that through Wi-Fi it gives me a network error, and by computer I cannot configure it because I have it damaged.
Can you send me an image to upload it to the internal sd where it is already configured?
The problem is that Kobo had to remove older security protocols from their server last year. The firmware used for the factory reset uses those protocols. That means the device cannot connect to the Kobo servers to do the setup. You need to update the device to at least firmware 3.19 to before you can do setup. Or use the Kobo desktop application to do setup. That will also update the firmware on the device.

The image won't help for this. It was made after doing a factory reset. Hence, it will have the same problem you are seeing. If you cannot connect the device to a computer, then the only thing I can think of is to put the SD card in either a Mac or a Linux PC and copy the firmware update file to the books partition. When you start the device, it should update the firmware before trying to do the setup.
Old 07-16-2020, 10:09 AM   #427
fernancheca
fernancheca began at the beginning.

The option to upload the firmware files to the sd with Linux, is it so you can see the partitions? Isn't there a Windows application to do it?
I have downloaded the firmware, it is a zip file, after unzipping it, what files would I have to copy to the sd?
Old 07-16-2020, 10:45 AM   #428
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernancheca View Post
The option to upload the firmware files to the sd with Linux, is it so you can see the partitions? Isn't there a Windows application to do it?
The problem is that Windows doesn't handle removable media with multiple partitions properly. That means that if you put the SD card into a Windows machine, you won't be able to write the files you need to the partition. Both Macs and Linux machines can do this. You can try booting the PC from a Linux live USB stick and accessing the card that way.
Quote:
I have downloaded the firmware, it is a zip file, after unzipping it, what files would I have to copy to the sd?
All of them. The contents of the firmware update file is to be put into the .kobo directory of the books partition.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:17 AM   #429
Senya
Senya began at the beginning.

Good day. My Kobo Glo froze and now won't turn on. reacts only to the charger - the diode is green, blue, and then goes out. I tried to do a general reset in different ways, it does not help. I want to try a new SD card, my Linux does not read. Please help SD image.
Thanks in advance.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:47 AM   #430
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@Senya: You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.
Old 07-25-2020, 06:04 AM   #431
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@Senya: PM sent.
Old 07-26-2020, 01:04 PM   #432
Delmir
Delmir began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinShort View Post
I've sent you a private message with a link to my image.
Sr.Kevin preciso de uma imagem do Kobo glo acabei formatando o meu SD-card por engano. podes me enviar?
Old 07-26-2020, 08:27 PM   #433
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmir View Post
Sr.Kevin preciso de uma imagem do Kobo glo acabei formatando o meu SD-card por engano. podes me enviar?
Do you need the image for a Glo or a Glo HD? Your profile says Glo HD, but this thread is for the Glo and you state (according to Google) the Glo in your request.
Old 08-05-2020, 08:02 PM   #434
jeromehimself
jeromehimself began at the beginning.

Hello! Please send a link to kobo glo dump image.
Old 08-05-2020, 08:35 PM   #435
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@jeromehimself: You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.
Closed Thread