Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-14-2012, 08:07 AM   #31
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@BeccaPrice - bring up the Edit Metadata dialog for a book and you will see the IDs (identifiers) field. A book can have zero, one or multiple identifiers. It contains things like the ISBN, ASIN and/or other identifiers from various plugins to help associate that particular book with some external id, most often to be used with a website lookup.

The identifiers get used a lot by various plugins such as metadata downloads (they will use the ISBN or website specific identifier as the first choice to find a matching book, and fallback to doing a "less reliable" title/author match if it doesn't have that). They also enable the hyperlinks in the book details panel to jump straight to the related web page for a book.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:39 AM   #32
Joanna
Groupie
Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
(what's the difference between a tag and an identifier? that last isn't a term I'm familiar with.)
An identifier is a sequence of numbers and/or letters that allows to identify a given book (e.g. ISBN number, Amazon, Goodreads or Google ID etc.

Don't be so afraid of recipes (not in your help file of course but in your use). It just seems complicated and the word 'recipe" is a bit confusing, too, but it's actually very simple. Just click on "Fetch news" and choose one source you would like to suscribe to - you will understand how that works in no time!

// EDIT I've just seen Kiwidude's post. Well, I hope I've helped you at least a little bit.

Last edited by Joanna; 06-14-2012 at 08:41 AM.
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:54 PM   #33
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
If you mean the tips and tricks blog, that's more of a blog than a help file - but it is a goldmine of good information, and I intend to link to it as a resource.
Yeah, I meant the tips and tricks blog. And I'd appreciate seeing your work when you're done.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote