Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 09-08-2019, 01:29 PM   #1
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Page number data in files other than apnx

I was looking at some of the JSON files made by krds.py https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=322172 and saw that there is a "apnx.key" containing information from the apnx file. I assume that, at least for azw3 books, the kindle reads the apnx file then writes what it finds to the azw3r file. Why it does so, I have no idea.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 09:06 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
It does seem like an odd duplication of information. I don't know why it exists either.

In response to the thread title, "Page number data in files other than apnx", page numbers for books in KFX format do not use an APNX file at all. KFX instead uses a data structure similar to an EPUB 2 NCX pageList. This is included within KFX format instead of as a separate file.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert