Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-05-2016, 01:25 PM   #1021
zBear
zBear began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Just uninstall KPVbooklet and open the fb2 files with KOreader yourself.
I prefer not to use KUAL and leave KPVbooklet
zBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 03:18 PM   #1022
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by zBear View Post
I prefer not to use KUAL and leave KPVbooklet
Then change it as I described.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2016, 06:24 AM   #1023
vgreader
Connoisseur
vgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmos

Device: voyage
hi
if I reflow pdf with k2pdf and convert epub with calibre I think installing koreader is not necessary. are there any other advantages that justifies installing and using koreader?
vgreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:12 AM   #1024
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgreader View Post
hi
if I reflow pdf with k2pdf and convert epub with calibre I think installing koreader is not necessary. are there any other advantages that justifies installing and using koreader?
You are asking an impossible to answer question, it is subjective.

<< -ENOCONTENT >>
I can not channel into your mind to learn what you consider is an advantage.

Install it, use it, and then:
If your don't like it - remove it (you can always get a full refund of your purchase price here).
If you do like it - leave it alone.

Last edited by knc1; 08-10-2016 at 08:36 AM.
Old 08-10-2016, 08:53 AM   #1025
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Like Aristoteles said: " Some things require justification, others do not. It is unwise to demand justification for the latter."
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2016, 09:08 AM   #1026
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
Like Aristoteles said: " Some things require justification, others do not. It is unwise to demand justification for the latter."
It depends on whether your text needs argument justification or typography justification. Just like being commited to an institution depends on whether you are an educator or a patient. English needs syntactic sugar to help pin it down, as long as that sugar avoids weasel words.

Last edited by geekmaster; 08-10-2016 at 09:16 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 09:35 AM   #1027
vgreader
Connoisseur
vgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmosvgreader has become one with the cosmos

Device: voyage
you can simply tell me other things that I or everybody else may call advantage other than those I mentioned . Installing and trying is not that simple because it requires JB and I am afraid of garranty void. Moreover, as a non experience user I must admit that contents are not user-friendly, easy to understand and straightforward for newbies like me, though you help everybody with any kind of question very well. I always appreciate a big picture to understand new concepts witch in this case I must draw it myself and for a lazy person it is a nightmare-
I forgot to say it is not amazons guaranty but local retailer does the guaranty.

Last edited by vgreader; 08-10-2016 at 09:43 AM.
vgreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 09:41 AM   #1028
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Quote:
hi
The main reason I use koreader is for nightmode (white text on black). Progress sync is useful if you have more than one device with koreader.

Then there are things that are arguably easier. So I can manipulate layout without needing to do a conversion or change fonts without needing the font hack. These are things achievable another way but depending on how easy/intuitive/in-sync with your preferences those ways are, koreader might be better.

As I said for me though it's mainly the nightmode.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 09:45 AM   #1029
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
you can simply tell me other things that I or everybody else may call advantage other than those I mentioned .

Installing and trying is not that simple because it requires JB and I am afraid of garranty void.

Moreover, as a non experience user I must admit that contents are not user-friendly, easy to understand and straightforward for newbies like me, though you help everybody with any kind of question very well. I always appreciate a big picture to understand new concepts witch in this case I must draw it myself and for a lazy person it is a nightmare-
With only a very few exceptions, everything here requires the jail break - that is what this site does, provides after-market add-ins for those willing to jail break their device.

This site has been providing after-market add-ins since the days of the very first Kindle and no one has ever reported Amazon refusing warranty service or exchange.

So until you get over your fear of the jail break, you are unlikely to find anything here that you can use.

FONT_RAMP is one that comes to mind that does not require a jb.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:23 AM   #1030
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
It depends on whether your text needs argument justification or typography justification.
Exactly. The arguments in all of these commit messages, for instance, are fully justified. (Literally.)
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 11:52 AM   #1031
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
you can simply tell me other things that I or everybody else may call advantage other than those I mentioned . Installing and trying is not that simple because it requires JB and I am afraid of garranty void. Moreover, as a non experience user I must admit that contents are not user-friendly, easy to understand and straightforward for newbies like me, though you help everybody with any kind of question very well. I always appreciate a big picture to understand new concepts witch in this case I must draw it myself and for a lazy person it is a nightmare-
I forgot to say it is not amazons guaranty but local retailer does the guaranty.
In this case, perhaps you should wait until your guarantee runs out.
In the meantime, you can learn more about coding works if you are interested.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 12:24 PM   #1032
Yourcat
Groupie
Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.

Device: PW3 5.6.5-usbnet
@vg koreader should run also on Android. Maybe you can test it there. Actually one does not need Koreader on Kindle.
Yourcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 03:14 PM   #1033
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
- - - -
Is there a way we can read that retailer's agreement?

And what country are we talking about here?
Old 08-11-2016, 02:21 AM   #1034
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many..
Does KOReader work in KT3?

I tried installing version "nightly" v2015.11-533-g1d250c on my freshly JB'd KT3W.
Doesn't seem to work. Just get a screen flicker.
Has anybody else got it to work on a KT3?
nasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 03:47 AM   #1035
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourcat View Post
... Actually one does not need Koreader on Kindle.
That's a pretty strong statement to make in this forum and in this thread!
You need to justify it!
nasser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, koreader, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch