Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-05-2017, 02:57 AM   #1
jpbweb
jpbweb began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Extract Series Number from Title

I have a bunch of eBooks in a Series, and the Series Number is together with the title (usually at the beginning). I'm trying to extract the number and copy it to the Series Number field. I am sure there is an easy way to do so with Search and Replace (I have a number of Search/Replace commands stored and used to good effect).

My problem is that I can edit out all non-numbers from the Title, giving me what I want, but sometimes there are numbers elsewhere in the title (like a Year or something else), that is not filtered out and sticks to what si effectively the series number I need.

A suggestion of syntax would be most welcome. I sifted though te forum, but I found nothing that gets the job done yet.
jpbweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 03:50 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Search: ^(\d+).*
Search Field: title
Replace: SeriesName [\1]
Replace Field: series

The ^ in the search marks the start of the line
The () in the search mark a section of the search that's to be used to replace the \1 in the replace field - in this case, \d+, one or more contiguous digits.
the .* is just to eliminate the rest of the line.

Since we're replacing the complete series field, you need to include the series name in the replace field, so use the actual series name instead of SeriesName.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2017, 04:07 AM   #3
jpbweb
jpbweb began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
It worked like a charm.
Thank you so much.
jpbweb is offline   Reply With Quote