Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-16-2013, 02:47 PM   #1
Halo
Connoisseur
Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle DX 1st Gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen
[solved] How do I show the menubar?

I was looking at the toolbar section of the preferences and noticed that I could add items to a menubar. I added the "Add books" action to the Current Actions columns for the menubar, but when I restart calibre, I do not see the menubar. Well, to be specific, I see the menubar with my "Add books" item for about one second when the calibre window opens, but before calibre finishes drawing the user interface in the window. Once the window is done updating, the menubar disappears.

Is there a setting to tell calibre to display the menubar?

Using calibre 0.9.39 on Windows 7.

Last edited by Halo; 07-16-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:00 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Remember there are two menubars; one with no device attached; one with a device attached.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2013, 03:13 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Tool Bar not Menubar (unless you want Text only) which is at the tippy-top

As an Alternate, I place Items I want to see all the time on the Second Toolbar or the Menu bar (the one without Icons)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:13 PM   #4
Halo
Connoisseur
Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Yes, of course. I completely missed that I was charging my phone on the USB port. I unplugged the phone and now the menu item shows up exactly as I expected.

Thanks, Peter!
Old 07-16-2013, 03:15 PM   #5
Halo
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Tool Bar not Menubar (unless you want Text only) which is at the tippy-top
Menubar is what I want as I'm trying to reduce the number of items on the tool bar. But Peter's comment pointed me to the solution, and it's working as expected now. Thanks!
Advert
Old 07-16-2013, 06:48 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo View Post
Menubar is what I want as I'm trying to reduce the number of items on the tool bar. But Peter's comment pointed me to the solution, and it's working as expected now. Thanks!
If your goal is to reduce the items on the toolbar you might want to investigate using the Favourites Menu plugin. Additionally take advantage of the right click context menus for the library and cover browser. I attached my menus as an example what I did, YMMV.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Menu_favourites.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	224.8 KB
ID:	108305   Click image for larger version

Name:	ContextMenu_Library_rightclick.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	228.4 KB
ID:	108306   Click image for larger version

Name:	ContextMenu_CoverBrowser_rightclick.jpg
Views:	215