Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-28-2017, 05:35 AM   #1
Wistow
Wistow began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Getting the same books on 2 devices

Hi

I read books on an android tablet, there are time when I don't have the tablet with me and would like to continue reading using my phone. I use Dropbox to sync the reading position using Moon+ to do this.

I have just cleared all of my read books and I have just put about 200 books onto my tablet using Calibre and Calibre companion, I would like to put the same books onto my phone.

Is there an easy way to to send the same books to the phone with out having the tablet open and going through the list on calibre selecting each one (ctrl click) and then transferring them

Thanks Graham
Wistow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 06:44 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
You could connect the tablet to calibre. Calibre will then show which books are on the device and in the library. Select these book, eject the tablet, connect the phone and send the selected books to the phone. So long as you are careful not to click anywhere and lose the selection, that will work.

But, I would modify this in a couple of ways:

- After selecting the books, you can "mark" them. This is a calibre function that puts a pin at the start of each line in the list for the books. If you don't already have it, you will need to add this to the toolbar or menu.

- Use the Reading List plugin. With this you can create lists. You can create one and add the books from the tablet to it and then add them to the phone later. You can also create the lists so that they sync to the device a soon as calibre sees them. With that, you can create a list for each device. When you get a new book, you add it to the lists for the device you want the book on and when you plug the device in, the book is sent to it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2017, 11:35 AM   #3
Wistow
Wistow began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Thanks I will give it a try

Graham
Wistow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 02:53 PM   #4
Vulgar Excess
Vulgar Excess began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Nook SimpleTouch with Glowlight
First, thanks for your thoughtful replies, with apologies for the delay. I still don't get it, but in case I wasn't clear, I have all the books physically on my computer, and on my devices which contain microSD cards, thus allowing me more than 8gb worth of books on those. However, my latest device has no card, so my limit is 8gb. The cloud is not a possibility -- has to be physical files copied onto readers as physical files. BUT I have a new idea: Can I tag individual items (First tag choice "gimmeabreak,") then just enter the tag term in the search window, those items come up, drag them over, clear the search window and it goes back to the full library, which I can drag onto the readers with the microsd cards? Or I could do the same thing using filters, but tags seems the simplest way. And thanks again! (PS -- This thread is obviously very old, but it seems more courteous to do it this way rather than start a new thread. I promise to check daily this time for awhile first.)
Vulgar Excess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:34 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulgar Excess View Post
First, thanks for your thoughtful replies, with apologies for the delay. I still don't get it, but in case I wasn't clear, I have all the books physically on my computer, and on my devices which contain microSD cards, thus allowing me more than 8gb worth of books on those. However, my latest device has no card, so my limit is 8gb. The cloud is not a possibility -- has to be physical files copied onto readers as physical files. BUT I have a new idea: Can I tag individual items (First tag choice "gimmeabreak,") then just enter the tag term in the search window, those items come up, drag them over, clear the search window and it goes back to the full library, which I can drag onto the readers with the microsd cards? Or I could do the same thing using filters, but tags seems the simplest way. And thanks again! (PS -- This thread is obviously very old, but it seems more courteous to do it this way rather than start a new thread. I promise to check daily this time for awhile first.)
Tags work , I would suggest a Custom Tags (type) column
If you wish to document what is ON a device (we will use a custom #device column)
Attach the device: wailt till the ticks appear (ondevice column): Searchndevice:true
Select All (ctrl-A): tap 'E' for bulk metadata edit: In the 'device' box: type 'gimeabreak' and click the OK button

To remove tags for those that were previously on the device
ondevice:false and #device:true
select all: Tap 'E' (bulk mode MDE)
put the tag name in the device remove tags box: OK
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert