Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-10-2020, 12:17 PM   #1
brewpat
brewpat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Great Customer Service! No Ads

So I recently participated in the Kindle trade in program and trade it in my 7th gen Paperwhite for the new Oasis.

On the old Paperwhite I had paid to remove the ads.

While I wasn't expecting it, I thought it couldn't hurt to contact support to see if that ad payment that I had previously made on the old device I no longer possessed (having sent it back to Amazon as part of the trade in program) could carry over to the new Oasis.

They informed me that though they don't normally do so they would make a one-time exception in my case and remove the ads on my new Oasis!!

I'm super stoked. Keep in mind that they made very clear they don't normally do this, and I do spend quite a bit of money with Amazon for both my business and my home, so your mileage may vary.

Regardless I'm quite happy that they were able to hook me up!! Excellent customer service on their part.
brewpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 08:38 PM   #2
TheSmitty
Addict
TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite SE, Libra 2, Oasis 3, Voyage, iPad Pro 11
Yes, told them I did not like the racy romance ads and they removed them from a couple of mine back in the day
TheSmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2020, 05:51 PM   #3
just_jeepin
Addict
just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Years ago when I purchased my PW2, I later contacted Amazon because I couldn't find where the option was on the website to pay to remove the ads. They removed it at no charge.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
just_jeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 09:56 AM   #4
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
The used PW3 I recently bought from ebay has ads, but the ad never changes - not on wifi - I might contact them, explain the situations (that I don't have wifi); maybe they'll remove the ads.

But won't I need to borrow a friend's wifi for this to have an effect on my PW3?
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 10:14 AM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
The used PW3 I recently bought from ebay has ads, but the ad never changes - not on wifi - I might contact them, explain the situations (that I don't have wifi); maybe they'll remove the ads.

But won't I need to borrow a friend's wifi for this to have an effect on my PW3?
Yes, it'll need to connect to Amazon's servers for the change to take effect.

CS may well remove ads for you for no charge, it's worth a try.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert