Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 01-16-2020, 10:28 AM   #211
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitra1 View Post
I love the possibility to erase parts of line not entire line. now is impossible or erase entire line or nothing. The software is similar with onyx boox tablet
Yes, it would be nice if the circle deleted everything inside, including parts of lines.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 02:58 PM   #212
mbrisco
(gtfo/freak)
mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Alita
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
There are a lot of performance differences
True. This thing has a much larger battery than the Kindle. It should be getting 4 times better battery life, not quite literally10 times worse.
mbrisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2020, 03:32 PM   #213
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrisco View Post
True. This thing has a much larger battery than the Kindle. It should be getting 4 times better battery life, not quite literally10 times worse.
Did you enable Google Play?
This is missing on Kindle.
Old 01-16-2020, 06:07 PM   #214
mbrisco
(gtfo/freak)
mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Did you enable Google Play?
This is missing on Kindle.
Nope, stock. Didn’t enable the Google Play framework nor did I install anything else. How’s your battery?
mbrisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 11:17 PM   #215
Zeat
Zeat began at the beginning.

Quote:
there are 3 possibilities in notes:
- all
- circle around erases all in it
- touch a line erases this line

In pdf are 2 possibilities - circle is missing
Otti, my firmware now is v1.1.5-2019120316, it was upload to my Alita on 2019/12/03. In this firmware version, there are only 2 possibilities in pdf, (circle erasing no longer existed)it seems no change in this aspect in the new firmware?

Last edited by Zeat; 01-16-2020 at 11:20 PM.
Zeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2020, 02:33 PM   #216
mitra1
Zealot
mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitra1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis 2,ONYX boox max lumi
Notepad

i' am universitary student.
The notepad doesn't work. I was trying delete a file and boom the notepad doesn't work. I've tried with reboot but
mitra1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 01:32 AM   #217
Merithyn
Nameless Being

Really nice update. I really like the minimalist UI and home screen. Glad the widgets are gone and that it doesn't force you to see random books on the home screen among hundreds that are uploaded if you are accessing them via other apps (Tachiyomi, Calibre companion, koreader). Light management improvements are great too. Presets for certain situations are handy. Changing shut down wallpaper is also finally possible.
Old 01-22-2020, 05:28 AM   #218
shak3800
Connoisseur
shak3800 began at the beginning.

Device: Icarus E653
Still no luck for me. Havent received the update. I have contacted support and they told me the update was reverted because there were many bugs.
shak3800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 01:31 AM   #219
Zeat
Zeat began at the beginning.

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by shak3800 View Post
Still no luck for me. Havent received the update. I have contacted support and they told me the update was reverted because there were many bugs.
Reverted again? The situation was similar to the previous one.
Zeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 09:42 AM   #220
shak3800
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeat View Post
Reverted again? The situation was similar to the previous one.
Yes. And they told me i should wait until middle of February. My advice is as soon as you get the notification for an update, download it regardless of the battery. Because you may never get the update if they decide to not push any other updates because the device is obselete
Old 02-06-2020, 07:27 AM   #221
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkher View Post
I am looking forward to hearing from you how it handles the default reading app in Alita/Ares.
With my toy, which also has the joystick-like configuration of arrow keys around the OK button - the arrow keys do not work for page turning in Alita/Ares, but they do work with Onyx Boox Note's default reading app.
They do work with Alita/Ares, though. They work in Cool Reader, for example. But not in the default reading app. I need to use sound volume-/volume+ to turn pages in the default reader.
My new toy works in each app, but not in the default reading app.
Neither in Alita, nor in Ares
Old 02-07-2020, 02:39 PM   #222
shak3800
Connoisseur

Unfortunately the update for Likebook Alita will be somewhere in March :/ instead of middle of February. This is the info i got from support
Old 03-03-2020, 03:09 AM   #223
shak3800
Connoisseur

Has anyone received the update? They told me that their servers will be up on February. Then told me on March because they were out of office. I still havent reveived the update. So i have contacted support again. Guess what? They told me to wait until end of month because they are trying to fix a bug or something. Meanwhile users on their fb page have reported that they have received the update.

So next month it should be for another extra month and so forth. Really disappointed by likebook support. It seems i am stuck with firmware 1.1.5 forever. I dont understand why they dont just release the zip file online so that we can manually update it like in the older models of Boyue
Old 03-03-2020, 03:16 AM   #224
ottischwenk
Wizard

I got BYRead-V2.2.0-2020011414 some days (2 or 3) after the date of the version.

From Likebook i got the message regarding Android 8:
Quote:
maybe in May, the device without noting feature will be in April

Last edited by ottischwenk; 03-03-2020 at 03:19 AM.
Old 03-03-2020, 03:32 AM   #225
shak3800
Connoisseur

Quote:
I got BYRead-V2.2.0-2020011414 some days (2 or 3) after the date of the version.

From Likebook i got the message regarding Android 8:
Thanks for the info. So which date was it exactly? My main concern is if my device has problems receiving the update. I just want to confirm that there others like me who cant get the 2.2.0 update